Sunday, October 27, 2013

12 x 12 "Owl" canvases

Still sharing some of my by projects from the Fall Open House.  These look so small in these photos.. but they are actually 12x12 canvases.   I spent a little time drawing out a simple owl pattern that I could change up as I wanted... then broke out the canvases.
This one is a natural colored canvas that I just misted around the edges with harvest orange Glimmer Mist.

 
This one I did on a denim 12 x 12 canvas in bright colors and patterns I thought might be fun for a babies or girls room.  I was excited because the mommy who bought it was going to use it for just that... a baby's nursery.
 
You can see the background much better in the photo below. 
 
 
 
Only half way crafty thing I've gotten done this week, is that I finally found the material that I liked, so I broke out the staple gun and covered the top of this piano bench to sit in the hall.   When we moved things around after we got the new furniture this Summer.. there was a blank space against this spot in the hallway.  I couldn't stand it, but didn't really know what to put there. I didn't want anything that would stick out in the hall way to much.  I know me.. and I'd be banging my shin on it a 100 times a day. lol    Cheap fix for now... this piano bench will work, until I find what I want.
 
 
Everyday Photos this week
 
Everyday Photo 1
 
A reminder why I love living in the country.  Taken at the corner of our lot looking North East.

 
Everyday Photo 2
 
I love baking... especially in the Fall.  This week, I had some apples to use up.   Oh.. the smell in here, was the BEST!
 
 
Everyday Photo 3
 
Ummm.... think this dog is spoiled much?   I love that Daisy lets me snuggle her, because Molly is not a snuggler at all.  If you even sit a bit to close to her, she'll get up and move.   Daisy would sleep like this all night if I let her.    They way we spoil our dogs, can you even imagine what we'd be like if we ever had grand kids. lol
 
 
I hope your all doing well, and enjoying Fall.  It's a beautiful day out today, but it sounds like the weather might start being icky this week, so I better get out and enjoy it now.
 
Huge thanks, as always... for stopping by!
 
Vic

8 comments:

Jean said...

Just love the owls!! Wonderful everyday photos!

Vicki said...

Love your owl canvas! Both of them. The bench looks awesome too.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, I love those whimsical owls. Such great fabric combinations and just happy all around. The bench s very chic. I like your new style!

Debbie K. said...

Ms. Vic, you have the most wonderful blog and make the neatest things! LOVE stopping by to visit. Your Daisy is a cutie. (Our dog is a cuddle bug too.) So fun...lol.

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Oh yum! Everytning in this post is delicious. Sweet owl canvases & your bench is so fun. And what fun pics of your dog. My youngest spaniel just recovered from a spider bite so he was pretty cuddly. Happy Halloween!

Ali said...

Sweet owl canvases, I LOVE the colours you chose for them. So fun and clever. LOVE owls! I used some in a SB LO last week.... was doing LOAD! The bench in the hall looks pretty darned cool-- what a nice touch. Loved this post! xox ~ Ali

harrahx2 said...

I can't wait for you to have grandkids....love the pictures and that bench is wonderful!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, love your owls, especially the girly one!

Seeing Daisy all tucked in asleep on her back reminds me of Otis as he's always sleeping on his back and often has all 4 legs in the air. We doggie sat this weekend.

Sandy