Friday, October 11, 2013

"Happy Autumn" Fabric and Paper stitched canvas

Wow, the weeks are seeming to just fly by.  I've been busy trying to get some things done for an upcoming Fall Boutique at a Local Floral Shop here in town.   Cutting, Painting , stitching....   I love it, but boy does the time fly!
Today I thought I'd share one of the canvases I just finished.  It's a little combo of fabric and paper ( oh.. scrabble tiles, buttons and stitching also of course).  I always love projects with lots of different textures and elements that just make you feel you "HAVE" to touch them!


I don't think there is anything more relaxing for me to do at home, than sit and stitch, simple stitching while I'm watching TV. I love it.  The Canvas is wrapped in fabric, an then the flower pieces are cut from paper and stitched on.


ahhh.. the glory of simple stitching.  Easy peasy!
The trees are starting to turn an the colors of Fall are showing themselves more each day.  I love mums and this year the mum just seem to be extra beautiful!  I'm enjoying them so much!

The days have been so nice. We had a couple that were really cool, but now... beautiful Fall days are back!   I hope this lasts a while :)

I'm working on having mums along both sides of the East and West side of the house, so hoping to get that filled in soon.  Mums remind me of my mom.... as do iris's , violets, and peonies.   Always growing around her house.

Time for me to get back to me projects.  I'll be back to share more soon.  
I'm hoping you are having a day! Thanks for stopping by, I'm always glad you do :)

Vic

4 comments:

Jean said...

Love how you did this canvas! BEautiful photos!

Ali said...

So pretty Vicki! Your place looks lovely and that is a sweet project. Stitching IS fun. I love mums too BTW!

harrahx2 said...

Your place, like your projects, is just a beautiful color explosion!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love this sweet canvas, Vic. It just makes you happy to look at it. The stitched flower is wonderful. Oh, and all those glorious mums...I want to come sit on your front porch, drink a sweet tea and chat for hours. xoxo