Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mini "Home" Shadowboxes

I'm happy to say ..the parts came in and my computer is up and running again!  It's hard to believe not that many years ago we survived just fine without computers in our lives, now, when mine goes down, it rocks my world.  hmm... not sure how I feel about that.
Anyway it feels good to be back on my computer where I can get to my files.  Today I thought I'd share a couple of little wood shadowbox makeovers I recently did. These shadowboxes originally had a chicken image in them. I picked them up cheap, just for the purpose of altering them.  I finally pulled them out of the "to alter" box the other day.  Super simple.. but I really like how they turned out.


I like how just a few simple little elements can make such a statement.  They would make a fun housewarming gift, I think. But you could put any word inside them of course.

Any word, photo or little bit of ephemera or memorabilia.  I remember picking these up at a Dollar Store..but they were $3.   They are sturdy wood and pretty heavy. I got the back's off and back on, without much effort.  I'm going to look for more. They would make nice little gifts.  I think Valentine themed ones with the word LOVE would be cute.

You can see how deep they are in the photo below. If I run across some more this week, I'll post where I found them for sure :)


Oh.. thought I'd share this too.  You know me and my hanging  canning jars with tea lights.  I just cant stop. I need to make them for every season. lol  I sold some of these Fall ones at the Fall open house last week.  I  guess it's time to start thinking about making some Christmas ones again.  You haven't seen the end of them yet. lol        


I always love to share photos here, and it seems I've fallen behind on that with my computer problems, so I'm going to play catch up and  share a couple of different fun photo shoots I've done recently.  
The first one is some engagement photos for friends, Lindsay and Chase. Boy they were troopers, considering it was CHILLY out that day! brrr


Sweetest couple.

Wishing them on the best. Wedding is next June.


Oh and I have to share a couple of this adorable little buddy of mine.  My friend Gabby and her husband Tracy's  little guy, Emmett, on his 1st Birthday!     I'm lucky that Emmett and Wyatt's Grandparents are good about sharing, and let me play Gramma with them also.   Wyatt is in First grade now, but you have probably seen him in a number of my layouts also. I love both the Schwanebeck boys.

I don't know why I love the photo below so much... but I just do.   Mommy and I were both snapping photos like crazy.. and he was getting to the point that he had just about had it with us. lol



But ...later.....   I little bath is Vicki's old wash tub to wash off the frosting...and he was as happy as could be again.

Is he a cutie or what?


Before I close... I want to tell you about a huge giveaway Sandy has up , over on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog..... so be sure to pop over and leave a comment to get your name in to win  HERE


Huge thanks for hanging in with me while I got through my computer troubles.  Your the best!

Thanks for coming by!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love, love love the shadowboxes. Simple, homey, and perfectly composed. Let me know where you found them, please. And your photography skills are off the chart. Love the tire swing photo. Never seen anything like it before..wonderful!

Jean said...

My son is moving to his first house in a week or so. What a cute project! My daughter just got engaged Sunday ! Cute photos!!

Ali said...

Good Morning Vicki! Your posts are so chock-full of goodness that they always make me smile. Your beautiful creations, the photography, your words. Love every bit of it. WTG, your Blog is always on my list! :) -Ali

Elaine A said...

I love your shadow boxes, so sweet. And you know who else is sweet? Emmett, that's who! What an absolute cutie!!

Elaine Allen

harrahx2 said...

Wow, love the idea of those shadowboxes, you are so clever and they are so cute~ Love the tub picture and one day, I will share mine.......with a big old cue ball head on me~ Hugs!

Susie Wittwer said...

Hi Vicki! It's been forever since I visited your blog. Life has gotten so busy. Too busy.
I've missed so much! I love your crafty creations (always) and those photos. So sweet!
Can't wait to see some Christmas hanging jars. :)