Monday, November 04, 2013

Crafty Secrets Linky Party "Halloween fun layout using PNG's"


Here we are jumping head first into November!  Time for another Crafty Secrets DT Challenge/ and Linky Party.   I know a lot of you will have some darling Halloween photos to get into scrapbooks, so today I thought I'd show you how you can use Papers and images from the "Creating with Vintage Halloween CD" to do just that.   The thing I specifically want to talk about is how you can use PNG files. ( not only on your pages and cards.. but on your photos).   I've talked to you before about how you can do this with digital stamps also, so if you'd like to check that out , you can see it in this post  .HERE.

All the papers and elements I used for this layout are on the Halloween CD 
( with the exception of the general font I used for journaling)  Oh... and the darling children :)
 
Creating with Vintage Halloween CD from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage 
 
 
So here you can see the original photo I started with.  
 
 

Just by sampling grabbing and pulling the spider png file over onto my photo , I can make it look like baby Emett is grabbing for the spider.  * How to use PNG files HERE

and I can do the same by laying the jack-o-lantern over the pumpkin.  Of course I could add their names, "Happy Halloween", the date, or whatever to the photo, and use it just on it's own to send to Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles ect..
Once you have the PNG's added as long as you keep your photo the same size , you can upload it to Walgreens, or whatever photo service you use, if you don't print yourself and have it printed just as you would any photo.   If you wanted to send just the photo to friends and family.


 I am always singing the praises of PNG's because if you are a beginner to using digital, like I am, it's SO easy and fun!
I even used  PNG files to dress up this photo of the Halloween Brownies I made to take to the get together we went to at Kates parents Halloween night.


And I made this Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake from Pinterest that is SO easy and SO yummy!


Now ... be sure you pop over and see what they other girls have to share this month and give a warm welcome to our new DT member Cherry Nelson. Welcome Cherry!!

Michele Kovack 
Darlene Pavlick
Rebekah Fairies
Sheila Rumney
Kathy Clement
Elizabeth Lincoln
Cherry Nelson  - New DT Member!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Blog


Wishing you a fantastic day!
 
Vicki





5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW! Look at you go with these digitals ... adorable! What a great idea to add the spider ... really does look like he's reaching for it! FABULOUS layout with these 2 cuties!!
Thanks for always inspiring me!
Hugs from chilly Ohio!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm going to have to play with this as soon as I have the time. It is so cool! I love your sweet Halloween layout. You are such a clever little chickie!

Jean said...

Love the spider!!

harrahx2 said...

What beautiful children and I love that the little one is reaching for the spider! Love dumpcakes and will have to try pumpkin!

Sheila Rumney said...

What a fun layout!