Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"A Happy Little Christmas" Card from Crafty Secrets

December is flying by way to fast for me, I can tell you that much.  Feels like I just got the tree up the Christmas is a couple weeks a way. gesh!    I'm wondering how I did it when I worked  full time out of the home with two little kids, because I can seem to keep up with things now. ( Please do not tell me it's because I'm older :(  yikes)
Anyway, I'll share a few of the things I "have" gotten done lately. lol
This image and the papers are from the "Creating with Vintage Christmas CD" from Crafty Secrets.   There are tons of great things on this CD. You can see more HERE.
Also .. Sandy has a new blog post up on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog with all kids of great inspiration.

 
 
I mentioned a while back that my niece Neely was getting Married next May. Well, since she lives in CA, I plan to have her bridal shower while she is back for Christmas.
 
 
SO... I've been working on making Shower invitations.  I love the fun whimsy colors.  It's been a nice break from the Fall and Christmas colors I've been working with a lot.
So excited for the Shower.  You know I'll share photos :)   It will be just after Christmas.

Another thing I've been messing with ... just for fun, is bleaching bottle brush trees


and dying them.   My sis will be here tomorrow and we will be doing some for her.  I'll take more photos then and do a upcoming blog post with a step by step.  It's easy peasy!
(These are still drying.. but if I choose I can add glitter to them by brushing them with Diamond Glaze) We'll see. I haven't decided. hmmm

Oh.. and just for good measure... an "Everyday Photo" from the Chrisman house this week.    It has been SO cold here.  I am usually the one who is never cold but the other night when we were watching a movie I just could not get my hands warm, so I got out the heating pad.  I left the room for just a minute, and then I came back , Dan and put MY heating pad on Daisy.  Does she look Comfy or what?  That little stinker is always looking for the warm spot. If you move from where you were sitting for even a minute... she's got your spot.  When the sun comes in the window.. she will follow  it around the room and lay just where the sun hits the carpet.
( notice Dan... looking straight ahead like he knows nothing?) sure


So later that night I go up to my studio to work on something and plug this little heater in by my desk because I'm still cold.    Seriously..... Could she get any closer?

Molly on the other hand .. would lay out on the deck in this below zero weather and act like it was no big deal.  She has a lot more fur and is much bigger.. but still. .. brrrrr...


Tomorrow my sister, my dear friend Julie and I are going to the care facility where my friend Sally who has Alzheimer's/dementia lives to do a Christmas Craft Project with them and have Christmas Cookies.  I'm looking very forward to that.  I'm so thankful that I have people in my life that want to be a part of thing same sort of things that I do. We have fun together, no matter what we do :)

Thanks for stopping by my friends!   I really appreciate that you do.

Vic

6 comments:

harrahx2 said...

She cracks me up Vicki....she is like me. Show me the heat. Loved your card and love that you are crafting with your friend. I know it will be hard for you but you ALWAYS amaze me. Hugs.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love, love, love that sweet little card! You did just the perfect combination of colors to make it feel vintage and fresh at the same time. The shower invites are really young and fun. You have been a busy gal. Glad to see you enjoying the season. Hugs!!!!

Julie Higgins said...

Looking so forward to today, seeing you and Jan, and spreading some Christmas cheer at the nursing home:) Thanks so much for organizing this! You are such a good person:) Julie

Jean said...

That is the most gorgeous card! Love your daily pics!

Sheila Rumney said...

What a cute, sweet card. Can't wait to see how you dye the trees! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

What a cute card Vicki and I love the invites for Neely's wedding shower! You and Jan are sweeties to go spread some Christmas cheer

xox Sandy