Sunday, December 15, 2013

Decemeber 2013 "Whatevers Two"

It's the 15th of the month, and that means it's time for "Whatevers"  Decembers a busy month I know , but we love to have you play along. If you don't have the time right this minute, you can stick the photo away and catch up later. It's a fun photo.   If you have any questions about how it works, read on my friends...more info at the bottom of this post.  ... Along with the links to Nat, Cat, Martha and Chuchy Dec Whatever posts of course:)

Here is my page for this month.   I had picked up a new  to me plastic vintage doily a while back at a Flea Market, and have been wanting to use it, so this was the perfect time. I love the pattern!

 
Here is my Story: ( or should I say... "their" story?)    Ella and Clare will never forget their long planned trip to Chicago. They were go concerned with keeping their beautiful new hats perched atop their heads, they didn't notice that they the small mesh bag Ella had put their tickets in for safe keeping had fallen out of her purse onto the ground.  They had planned for this trip to the city for so long.  They hadn't seen their sister Midge for almost 6 years. They are filled with excitement as they can now move from the spot they had been waiting and start towards the boarding  area. They Chat about their upcoming adventure as they watch the people ahead of them boarding. The whistle blows signaling the last group to board the train.  As Ella steps across she reaching into her purse for the mesh bag containing the tickets, ready to hand them to the Ticketmaster.   At first she is not concerned as she remembers very clearly putting them in her purse. But as she looks more and digs deeper, her panic becomes clear.  She now has to admit to Clare that she is unable to find the tickets.  Passengers behind them are now out of patience so the ticket master politely asks them to step aside.   By the time the last of the passengers have loaded the sisters are besides themselves with panic.  The ticket master informs them the train will be leaving the station in 4 minutes, 8:19 promptly!   Ella quickly hands her purse to Clare, unpins her big beautiful hat from her head and runs down the wooden walkway back towards the station where they had been standing, scanning the ground with her eyes the entire way. Just as they reached the place they were standing previously, there on the ground she sees the bag with the tickets, just laying on the wood planks.  She snatches it up and runs back to the where her sister and the ticket master are waiting at the boarding steps.   For many years to come this story was a family favorite. Prim and proper Auntie Clare tossing her purse and hat and sprinting from train to retrieve the lost tickets.  And as the years go by the story grew and grew each time it was told. Each time getting a chuckle and a serving as a fond remembrance of Auntie Ella and Auntie Clare.
 

 
I have to say, when I looked at this photo... I bothered me right away that she was holding her purse upside down. I was thinking "boy something could fall out".  Then I looked at the ground and saw that it looked like something had. lol     So that's where my story started. lol
 
 
 
I've been working on my nieces shower lately, and I can tell, I really have these colors on my mind. lol
 
 



Here is this months photo
Here is how it works
  • Nat, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th –  each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
  • There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
  • You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page

Okay...

You are not going to want to miss what the girls have done this month.. so here are the links. Check em out!

Natalie Kalbach
Catherine Scanlon
Martha Richardson
Carmen Sanchez ( Cuchy)



Thanks for stopping by! Vicki

9 comments:

Cuchy said...

Good sight!!
Love the story, I thought they would lost the train :)
You show the story perfectly in your page. Love the big clock and those tickets

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

oh my gosh, this is so funny! I noticed the things on the ground but didn't pay any attention to them, LOL!

LOVE this Vic!!

Martha Richardson said...

What a fabulous story…so clever! That purse was strange to me also.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

LOL- that bothered me too :) Loooooveee your story!!! and the page is amazing!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

LOL- that bothered me too. Love your story so much The page is fab!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the story! Made me chuckle! These two ladies remind me of my Great-Grandmother and her sister...we called them "The Pixielated Sisters". HA! Your page is fabulous...love the colors. So fresh!

Jean said...

I adore your story! The background is amazing!!!

Jeannine Aderhold said...

Thank goodness the tickets were still there! That was a relief!

harrahx2 said...

Oh Vic, only you could make a sad story with a happy ending! Loved it..........