Monday, January 20, 2014

Bird Canvas using Crafty Secrets Digital papers and stamps

Hey Everyone, I've been meaning to share this 12x12 canvas I created using Crafty Secrets Digital Digital Bird Notes  and Digital Papers  from Crafty Secrets CDs.  I figured since it's a gloomy winter day outside my window, and I'm longing for Spring, today would be a good day :)  I did a bit of misting using a screen, and had fun with fabric, lace and some machine stitching.  The canvas itself was burlap. 


Above is a photo of it cropped and below you can see it on the display stand.
I have a feeling it might be a while before I hear birds singing outside my window or see the flowers blooming here in Nebraska, so I'll just have to make do by making things like this.   It's only January.  ugh.

Digital Bird Notes

Since the weather has been icky I've been sorting and purging in my studio this past week.  I do love organizing!  BUT... I do love "stuff" lol   At times it's hard for me to let things go... thinking I'm sure I just "might" need it sometime down the road.  Problem is .. my room is not big at all.   I've found a few ways to organize in a small space that work well for me that I thought I'd share with you in my next blog post.


 Stop back if you can. I love to hear your organizing tips also.   Next post... coming up soon :)

Vic

8 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Love that Oh Snap. Your picture is beautiful. What a wonderful wall hanging that will be. Calling for snow here tomorrow. Sending hugs to you.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH WOW Vic this is GORGEOUS! I love doing these altered canvas but only have so much wall space to hang them. LOL!
This is fabulous with all the different elements and details! GREAT JOB my friend! Try to stay warm ... I know what you mean about ready for Spring ... it's 14 degrees right now and getting colder!! REALLY ... do we really need single digit temps! Uugh! LOL! Take care and keep those fabulous creations coming!! HUGS

Jean said...

Such a pretty canvas! Longing for spring here too! Can't wait to hear more about your organization.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is just over the top beautiful, Vic! I love the texture the burlap adds, and you've used such great vintage embellishments. This is a favorite for sure!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the bird craft and I think I have the same flower tin :)
I have a very small room, so I am looking forward to gathering some new ideas from you.
Cold in MN too!
Deb

Jane Wetzel said...

had to pop in and tell you...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this...awesome!

Scrap for Joy said...

This canvas is absolutely yummy. I love birds so the theme touches my heart, I love the elements that you used, and I don't know why, but I love the use of real twigs on a project! If you ever get tired of this one, call me!
I'm longing for Spring, too, and I am enjoying looking at the colorful, cheery projects I'm seeing around Blogland.
Stay warm my friend!
xoxo
Joyce

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What an absolutely gorgeous canvas!