Monday, January 13, 2014

"Celebrate" Card from Crafty Secrets, and lots of yummy stuff

Well... I finally spent a bit of time in my room playing with paper yesterday. First time I've created anything this entire week.  I have been busy gathering up craft goods and doing a little project planning for a crafty friends get together here next weekend.  We'll be working on some Valentine themed projects.
I wanted to make a special card for my sister Sharon for her birthday this week.  I needed to get on the ball so I could get it in the mail!   The paper and image I used for this card where from the Crafty Secrets "Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD" and the stamps are from Crafty Secrets.  You can see all their available stamps HERE.   The bow on the card is one of my die designs from AccuCut. Die available HERE.   Happy Birthday to my sissy! Love ya!


Well, we had a fun weeked.   We had company, so lots of visiting and laughing.... oh.. and food!  Man, after Christmas, New Years and now this.... time to really start watching it! 
My thoughts were to keep it simple, have snacks in the afternoon and then we were going to have pulled pork sandwiches, a potato casserole and a chopped salad for the evening meal.  We'll by the time everyone brings goodies... we was a spread!

I need to ask for the recipe for the little phyllo cups.  I'll post it later :)  Trust me .. they were yummy!

These were a huge hit.   Peppers, stuffed with cream cheese and crabmeat, wrapped in bacon.

So for the meal later in the day.  We had pulled pork sandwiches, and then I made a hasbrown casserole.

 and this chopped salad, that was really a great recipe. Thought I'd share.


 Yummy Chopped Salad     
(recipe originally found on pinterest from "Expresso and Cream" blog


Ingredients
*6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup chopped pecans
*8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing
*Balsamic Vinaigrette 
Instructions
*On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. The recipe said they used about a cup of the dressings mixed.. about...   70 percent poppy seed dressing and 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette, so that's what I did.  You can mix it up before added it to the salad and decide what you prefer.

Well, since I feel like I gained another 5 lbs just looking at that post, I guess I will close for now and go take the dog for a long walk.   

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Be sure to pop back over , Wed is January "Whatevers"!! yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!


 Vic



3 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Looks so good and how did you do the peppers? Yum..........
The card is perfect!

Jean said...

Beautiful card! Getting hungry looking at that food!

Julie Higgins said...

That food all looked wonderful!!!!! WOW:) Julie