Sunday, January 19, 2014

Craft Day, Birthday Combo. Valentine banners, LOVE canvas and "Party Ttime" Birthday Card

Yesterday was a fun filled day from beginning to end.  I hosted a little craft day here with Julie and Jan. ( Julie didn't know it, but it was a great excuse to celebrate her upcoming birthday :)
Here's a funny little card I made for her for the occasion.


We started out the late morning with a bite to eat and great conversation.  Trust me... the three of us ALWAYS have plenty chat about. lol

The projects I had planned for us to do were both just easy, fun projects, nothing too involved. We get way too involved chatting and laughing for anything too complicated. ha. ( seriously, we do :)
 
We did these 12x12 canvases. The backgrounds are painted.  We used a stencil and white paint to create the pattern over the blue.  The papers we used are Fancy Pants Designs "Be Loved" Collection.

 
I was so busy taking photos of Julie and Jans projects that I forgot to get one of mine. lol  I snagged this one from Julies instagram of my banner.   These banners were the second project we did.
 

And then, here is Jan's banner


and, here is Julies.
 
Later in the day, our plan was to go eat at a place here in town.   Julie didn't have a clue what was going on ,but Jan and I had called ahead days before to okay it that we'd be bringing a cake, gifts ect .    We ate like nothing was going on, and then SUPRISE!
I can honestly say... she had no clue :)    It was good times!
 
These girls have me laughing non stop.   They are the best!  SO thankful to have them in my life!

Happy Early Birthday Juls!!!




Thanks friends for stopping by and letting me share are antics with you.
Hope you have a fabulous week!

Vic

5 comments:

Jean said...

Love those canvases! Looks like a wonderful time!

Julie Higgins said...

Awww Vicki...Saturday was the best!! Sure helped to balance my weekend by adding some FUN to it. Sunday packing up my parents for moving to the Alzheimers facility was a lot of hard work. Thank goodness I was working off of fresh inspiration for life from my day Saturday with you and Jan:) Thanks sooo much!! I love you girls!I am so blessed to have you in my life! Julie

Ellen Jarvis said...

Awww, how sweet! I appreciate having you in my life too, Vicki, even if is from afar and we have never met. Your posts are so very uplifting and fun, and full of inspiration. Thank you for sharing these happy times!

Fondly,
Ellen aka "CardMonkey"
Http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com

harrahx2 said...

Vic, you all really know how to have fun. And I love your grouping of red and white. Come decorate my house!

Jill Norwood said...

What a wonderful surprise! So wonderful to have friends to get crafty with in these long winter months! :) I love the projects you made! I need to get busy with some Valentines!