Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Cupids Arrows" Altered Tray .... Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!    I have one last Valentine themed project to share before I have to put away the pink and red glitter and hearts for another year ;)
I made this from a old metal tip tray. I loved the shape , so I had picked up a number of them for a steal at a flea market some time ago, but just hadn't done anything with them yet.  Well, I had spray painted this one with chalkboard paint... which worked perfectly for this project... so the altering began.    All the Valentine papers and images are from Crafty Secrets and are digital.  You can see all their products here.
I just made the arrows with wooden dowels, and paper hearts I cut for the tips.

 

I wanted to take plates of goodies to some friends for Val Day, so I did some baking.  I love peanut butter kiss cookies, but it seems like the only time I ever make them is at Christmas ( this is probably a good thing... because like I said... I love them)  but these are basically that... only with colored sugars and chocolate hearts.  I love to bake..but I certainly don't need it around here tempting me.  Dan is an skinny as a rail, but doesn't eat sweets.  (Makes sense).
 
 
I have to say I did not past this up. My friend Lynda, makes and sells these gourmet caramel apples and gave us these. OH MY! wow,.... best caramel EVER!
 
 
Tomorrow is "Whatevers" so please stop by by!
Until then.... Happy Valentines Day my friends!
Sending you a virtual hug!
 
 
 
Vicki

3 comments:

ddlady said...

Vicki, I have to tell you that I love your vintage Valentine tray. The hearts on the end of the arrow and the feathers are beautiful. I just absolutely love it!





Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Those arrows knock my socks off! You are one clever gal! I love the altered tip tray. I have one of these that I've been hanging on to and I need to do something with it...this gave me an idea, so you will probably be seeing it one of these days. I hear ya on the sweets thing...Dale is a skinny guy and so disciplined. Me, I love to bake...and eat it! Makes me glad I have the kids and the grand girls to send the goodies to. Happy Valentine's Day, sweet friend!

Debbie K. said...

Oh my gosh Ms. Vicki! I love your tray. So clever. And your cookies....yum. I don't bake much either for the same reason as you. Tooooo much temptation...lol! Happy Belated Valentines Day:)