Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Sweet Pea" card using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

Hey friends....     I know... once again the week got away from me. I haven't been spending as much time at my desk, while trying to get my neck/shoulder feeling better.  Good news is, it finally is.  Even managed to get my hair cut and colored this week... which was greatly needed! yay! It's amazing how much better that can make you feel.
The card I'm sharing today is made with and image from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Creative Scraps" and papers from the "Creating with Vintage Patterns CD"
Have you seen all the new Spring and Easter things from Crafty Secrets?  You can see them on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog here and here.

 
I'm SO ready for Spring!  Along with many others... I know.   I know I cant rush it .. so I decided to bring a little color "inside".  I've been thinking about adding some orange to my living room colors .. for Spring and Summer.  Not a lot .. just a bit.  Here is the 5 minute solution to the problem for now.   Pillow, flowers , candle...



If someone would have told me I'd like this orange pillow a couple of years ago, I would have laughed. Oh how my tastes are changing.
I had gotten this lamp 40% off a couple of weeks ago, and  I love it.
I needed some orange on that side of the room so I just popped the mat of that photo frame and got out my exacto knife and some orange scrapbook paper to cover it.
$12 pillow, 3-$2 Poppies, $5 candle, $1 piece of paper = $24 worth of happy today :)
Well, considering I just ran for groceries. lol

 
My sis and I had a great time working on the big lighted canvases I was talking about in my previous post.  I took photos of the steps and plan to do an upcoming blog post showing how we did them and giving a few tips.   I think they will be really pretty at my nieces wedding reception.
 
 
Hope you have all been doing well.  I'm so glad you took time to stop by. Thanks!
 
Vicki
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Is this the sweetest card ever, or what? I don't recall ever having seen that image before, but you can bet I'm going to go looking for it. I love the simplicity....really lets the image shine. I'm working on that....Thanks for sharing, Vic...I'm always inspired!

Jean said...

Love your decorating! Super cute card!!

harrahx2 said...

I love your touch of spring....so needing it. Cute card and your colors are great. Sending hugs and a bit of sunshine.....Hope it comes through soon!

Susie Wittwer said...

I love the pops of orange you added to your room. So happy and bright!
Awesome lamp too!