Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"Valentine Greeting" Pillow and card / Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

Valentines day is approaching and I still have a number of projects to share with you so I better get moving.   Today I wanted to show you a couple of projects I made using Crafty Secrets Digital Vintage Valentines kit.  For those of you who get nervous the minute I say "digital" the way I used to... don't.  Why?  Because you don't have to be a master at digital to create with this.  This was as simple as sizing it to the size I wanted and printing it .    I know I've shown you this before but this is one of the things I love best about using printable images... other than the fact that I can print as many as I want.  SIZE!   I created the card below with one of the images from the kit, just by sizing the image and printing it on cardstock.  I had the image that I wanted, in the size I wanted and was ready to create a card as I normally would.


But.... I can also take that same image and print it off much larger on fabric, and create something like this pillow.


I chose to print the image on a canvas sheet. I used Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas sheets, but actually left the backing on, since I don't plan to wash this pillow.


I've used these canvas sheets many times.. and love them.
You can see even with the image printed large.. how crisp the image is.   I'm not much of a seamstress for sure...but this was simple.  I was so glad when we were going thru some of moms things that I kept some of the fabric scraps because these matched perfect for this image. yay!





I have been keeping up with my Everyday photos I just haven't been posting them here as often because there has been so many other things to post. lol    So today I thought I'd get back in the swing of that.

Everyday Photo #1

My dog walk.  Up to the ditch and back.  Daisy is always ready for more..but that is enough for Miss Molly. Daisy is a little over 2 years old and Molly is 12.  Our place is up there where that group of trees is on the right.

Everyday photo #2
The view out the bedroom window when I get up in the morning ( it snowed yesterday)

Everyday photo #3 
This is the farm place of the people up the road that I just love.... so pretty.  I drive by most every day. Every Season .. it's just so beautiful!  See their horse watching me??


Remember we'd love to have you play along with us in the Crafty Secrets Linky Party!!    You can read about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.

I hope all of you are having a great week!
Thanks always for stopping by!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Sandy McClay said...

Vicki,
What kind of printer do you use? Your colors are so vibrant and right on! I am looking to buy a new printer, or do you take your items to a shop? Thanks!

Sandy

Jean said...

That pillow is so pretty! Love your doggies and the view of the farm.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I love the card and pillow. The pups are looking good and the weather.....well, I am over winter, bring on spring please? If anyone can do it, it's you!

Karenladd said...

Wow, that is some walk!!! My little malti-poo complains if we walk further than the mailbox

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

I love your card & pillow. You did a wonderful job on the pillow - such a great match with the colors. Your pups are so sweet. Happy Weekend.