Friday, March 21, 2014

Burlap and Map print garland/ Typography in Decor

Your in for a treat with todays post, because my dear friend Deb is letting me share some photos of her beautiful home. She has an amazing eye for design and décor. Her home is a treasure trove of fun and interesting things, all put together to simply make you want to stay and take it all in. ( which I do quite often) lol

***But first I need to announce the winner of the March/April issue of Sommerset Studio Magazine.  Kathy Clement is the winner!  Huge thanks to Stampington for allowing me to host this giveaway!

I always start by sharing a project, and this one is in keeping with todays post. This banner made with this printable map paper was created using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Creating with Vintage Typography CD


                                      Creating with Vintage Typography

You'll see as you get further down in this post the reason I asked Deb if I could share some photos of her décor in this post.  She uses Maps, numbers, letters ... just all kinds of Typography in her decorating in such a cool way.

* this map print is just one of the cool printables on the CD. I used some burlap, and stitching.
 
I'm so thankful Deb was willing to let me share photos of her home.  enjoy!
 
Here are a few of the Globes from Debs collection.   ( see the lighted one on the far right side? That is one that I found for her and had shipped back from Seattle when we went to Funky Junk sisters.  It looks so awesome!
 

You don't have to look far to see all kinds of letters and numbers used in her décor.
Yep, you guessed it, her last name begins with "S".


So many cool areas and vignettes.
How fun would it be to make some of these??  I've see all kinds of sizes and shapes of Letters at Hobby Lobby lately.  Easy enough to print off text, sheet music or map paper from the CD and decoupage them on.


love

Her mantel.. which is an ever changing work of art. 
 
Love these 

Check out this lamp!
 
How about hanging?
 
 
 
Clocks!

Clocks, clock faces, .. and do you see the framed sheet music? and Chalkboard quote?
Deb embraces her Irish roots... so when I came across that "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" sheet music, I had to get it for her.  


Chalkboard are so awesome.  Great way to be able to change out quotes. I have many. But I love how Deb added this wreath.




 So many cool things to look at.
 
 
I seriously  was trying to stay focused on things involving typography...but she has so many pretty's.... it was hard .. trust me. lol
 
Books and more vintage globes. 
 
I cant  thank Deb enough for letting me share her home for my post.
It makes you just want to come over for coffee doesn't it?
 
 
 
Be sure to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog and see the things Sandy is clearing out and has marked way down.  Cardstock bundles, chipboard pieces, chipboard and plastic albums ect...  Great prices!  HERE
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Vic

7 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

First, Yippee! I'm excited that I won the magazine. It's a favorite of mine! Thank you. Next...that banner knocks my socks off. I love the combination of burlap and map paper...so earthy and inviting. Finally, the guided tour...wow! I can see why you love to hang there...so much inspiration and beauty. Thanks for taking me along!

Julie Higgins said...

Wow! Beautiful pics of Deb's things..thanks for sharing! Julie

Debby said...

She sure has beautiful collections. I like that lighted globe. I love using maps like that. The colors in maps are just perfect for about anything. Have a nice week-end.

Jean said...

Wow - so beautiful!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a fun house and so creative! I can see why you had a hard time staying "focused" on your mission - wonderful pics!

Hope you are ti enjoy your weekend : )

harrahx2 said...

Wow, Vicki, it's almost too pretty to enjoy. I love the globes! I love your idea of maps on letters. I love it all! DARN!

the primitive country bug said...

What a fabulous home! Love all her touches and you photographed them perfectly! Love your wonderful banner too!