Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Wreath

Have you seen all the cute new Spring and Easter Printables from Crafty Secrets?  So many great ones!   You can see them all here.     Today I thought I'd show you how you can do something as simple as  printing  off this adorable  Spring Cut Out Kids to add to your Spring Décor.   I just printed this little sweetie off on Cardstock,quite large, cut her out and added her to my wreath.
The paper bow is my AccuCut Die  Bows VC106  cut from one of the beautiful Crafty Secrets papers.

Again.... the part about being about to print..... you choose the size... and how many.


Here is another one I printed, and cut out, so you could see.   But you can see them all here.  


If that doesn't bring Spring, I don't know what will. lol

___________________________________________________

My sis and I have been getting together working on wedding stuff for my nieces wedding in May.   Last week when we got together at my sisters house, she had a new recipe she wanted to try out.  I took one look at it, and saw the work "coconut" and I said... "I'm in!" ha!  I love coconut!    We made these for breakfast, and I'm telling you, they were delish!!    I snapped this photo just to make your mouth water. lol       Sharing the recipe below, with the original website ( which has a printable version, and well as about a zillion over great recipes), just incase your interested ( wink wink)
 

 

Coconut Crusted French Toast

Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod


Yield: Serves 2-3
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Thick slices of French toast with a sweet coconut crust. Coconut lovers will go crazy for this Coconut Crusted French Toast!

Ingredients:

3 large eggs
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
6 slices of French bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Butter, maple syrup, and strawberries-for serving, if desired

Directions:

1. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Dip both sides of the coated bread into the shredded coconut. Drizzle a little egg mixture on top of the coconut to make it stick to the bread.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan or a griddle to medium to medium-high heat. Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Serve immediately or keep French toast warm in a 250 degree F oven.
3. Serve with butter, pure maple syrup, and/or strawberries.

_________________________________________________________

So what was my week like?   Still working on my "Everyday Photos".  So here's a bit of what's been going on for me.


 
Everyday Photo #1

Very happy to announce the new Fancy Pants Designs DT............. and that I'm a part of it. YAY!   I've been with Fancy Pants Designs about 10 years now.  Always amazed with the amazing designs and new product they come out with. Amazing Company to get to be a part of!  Honored!


Everyday Photo #2

Yesterday!  St Patty's Day!  Corned Beef and Cabbage of course!  It's a tradition. Was happy Wes was here to join us for dinner.   He was stopping at Jarad and Kates after he left here, so I sent some for them also.   Always think of mom , as this was something she loved and we always had together.

 
 
Everyday Photo #3
 
Please keep my friend Sally in your prayers if you would.  You may have heard me mention her in previous posts.  She has been a dear friend to me for over 30 years. Before I tell you about her Alzheimer's/Dementia, I want to tell you about her, because Alzheimer's/Dementia does not define WHO she is.
She has been a crazy fun vivacious friend, who smiles incessantly. Wife, mother of three boys, who she raised to be amazing men. Hard working, strong woman, who always knew how to have fun. Crossed stitched, scrapbooked everything of her children's, mom of the house on the block where all the neighborhood kids all ways congregated. I could go on and on.
 
  She is in her 50's and has Early on set Alzheimer's/Dementia.  The disease has progressed dramatically over the last few years.  She just spent 4 days in the hospital. I understand more an more why they call this disease "The Long Goodbye".   Heartbreaking.     Things I've given a lot of thought to the last few days...  It's hard to know what someone or their family or friends are going thru unless you or someone close to you has been thru it yourself. My Grandma had Alzheimer's in her later years, and it was very sad. Watching someone young go thu it , how much faster is progresses, how it effects their spouse...  I cant even image :( ..... and their children who are just marrying and starting families of their own... well ...really sad. She's missed getting to know her first grandchild, and will miss another sons upcoming wedding.  It breaks me heart.   There are so many battles so many people are fighting in this world right now,  Alzheimer's/Dementia just seems to be the devil at the forefront of things in mine at the moment, because it's effecting my friend and the people who love her so profoundly.  It just reminds us to have compassion. Every one has their own battles they are fighting. Either themselves or someone they care about.  We might know it's hard, but we've not "been there, in their shoes" so we don't totally know.  I try to always be compassionate but ....  It's things like this that remind me
Compassion is so important.
 
 
Compassion is the feeling of empathy for others. Compassion is the emotion that we feel in response to the suffering of others that motivates a desire to help.
 
 
 
To leave you on a lighter note... the sun is shining here, and I'm about to go take the pups for a little walk. I hope you have something good planned for your day
 
 
 
Vicki
 
 
***Remember to leave a comment in the post below HERE for a chance to win a copy of Somerset Studio Magazine.
 
 


10 comments:

Debby said...

Not leaving a note to win the magazine, although that would be okay with me. I am struck by your words today. My father had Alzheimers for 10 years. It is the long good-bye. Your friend having it so young is just sad. I worry about myself and some things that I do that I may have it someday as well. Sure hope not.
I am going to borrow your words on compassion today. My post was about the same as yours in other ways......except the "compassion" was the word I was missing.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic, I just love how these cute kids look on that pretty wreath. Such a good idea. And, thanks for the coconut French Toast recipe. I adore both French Toast and coconut, so I'm in, too! YUM to the corned beef and cabbage. My family doesn't like it, but I grew up with it and I miss it. We had shepherd's pie...and it was good, too. So sorry about Sally...I know it breaks your heart. She is so blessed to have you in her corner. Hugs!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that is beautiful. Love the falling chick! You and food, I am starving! Hugs!

DeniseLynn said...

Hey Vicki, just want to let you know I am indeed lifting your friend, Sally, in prayer. Alzheimer disease has hit my family both sides {moms and dads} and for 2 Aunts it was early onset too. I've seen the effects up close and fear it in my future for sure. I will remember you in prayer as well as you are beside her. xo - Denise Roberts

DeniseLynn said...

I'm keeping your friend, Sally, in my prayers. With several family members on both moms and dads side I've seen it up close and personal ... this devastating disease. I lift you in prayer as well as you stay beside her. xo Denise Roberts

Paulette Manion said...

Your Sally is being loved by many this morning. Such good friends are hard to find, much less having to say goodbye to them. Thank you for reminding us of the word compassion. It's a beautiful word and fills my heart.

Julie Higgins said...

I thank God every day that Sally crossed paths in life with you, as the most loyal, dear friend a person could ever have!! Sending prayers Sally's way. Love you, dear friend, Julie

Jean said...

Gorgeous wreath! That french toast looks divine. You and your friend are in my thoughts.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

My dear friend also suffers from denemtia, strokes and went thru brain and breast cancer. She just had her 59th birthday :) She lives in a nursing home. I truly understand and it is heart breaking...
Your wreath is happy and springy!
God has all of us in His Hands!
warmly,
deb

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Not an everyday photo but a priceless photo of a priceless friendship! Take care my friend.