Monday, March 24, 2014

Sweet Springtime Card and and "Spring" banner


 
I have a plan... I keep thinking if I just keep making "Spring" projects... Spring will HAVE to come! Right? lol    We'll it's still quite cold here, so it hasn't worked so far.. but I will continue to be persistent with it. lol
I have a couple of project that I thought I'd share today. Both are made with the Printable Easter/Spring Download from Crafty Secrets.
 
 
Printable Banner includes letters to spell HAPPY EASTER and SPRING JOY, plus 2 blank banners and the font to create any alphabet letters. Each banner at 300 dpi is almost 5``W x 8``H.
 
I used one of the blank banner pieces and a stamped sentiment from "Spring Chicks" Digital Stamp to create the card above. And below you can see I just created a banner with the word "SPRING".    I always make a new banner to hang in my friend Sally's room at the care facility for each Season or Holiday... this looks so pretty hanging on her wall.     Decorating and Embellishing is the fun part right? Although I kept mine fairly simple.. check out this one from   Kathy Clement    I love it so much!
 
 
 You can click on the photo below to be able to see each piece closer.
 
 
 
Here is what you get in the down load along with the font to create your own words.
 
 

It's been pretty low key around here, as we are trying to get used to Dans new work hours. ugh!   Wes did stop by this morning for a visit, so I made the guys a big breakfast.
I've been working on getting out some of my Spring décor out... little by little.
( sometimes I just have to laugh... if you guys really knew what was going on when I take photos at times...     Dan is sound asleep on the couch just behind this little vignette.. haha)  I just couldn't resist telling you



I've been working on and off on the closets, and trying to go threw things.  I have two bins in our closet, one with Dan's keepsake stuff and one with mine. I decided to look in them, since I haven't looked for years. I found this box in Dan's.  I had clippings in it, not the actually game pieces but I LOVE the sweet little box.  Yep.. you guess it... enough to hang it on the wall in my studio :)


I have bedding washing , dinner in the crock pot and it's quite around here, so I'm going to try to get something creative done.   I hope you are all having a great start to your week.

Enjoy!

Vicki

7 comments:

Debby said...

Lots of sweetness in that last picture. Very nice.

Jean said...

Such a gorgeous card and that banner is beautiful! Love what you did with that box.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic, I just love your card and banner! You are the Queen of Banners! So nice that you share something pretty and cheerful with Sally. I also just love the spring vignette in your living room. The eggs in the apothecary jar, the pastel M&M's and touches of silver all looks so wonderful together. You have such a great eye for design. I love it! My favorite thing, though, is your new wall hanging in your studio. Oh, I love the nostalgia! I especially love the way you have those butterflies flying out of the frame. Lifts my heart. Maybe if we both keep making Spring projects, Spring will triumph over winter's icy grasp! LOL Have a great day, my friend!

harrahx2 said...

Perfect for the frame. Love the card and banner..........love the décor and even thehubs sleeping! Love you!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a sweet card!! Love the banner and what you did with Dan's keepsakes -so creative! And lets not forget the vignette with the sleeping guy on the couch - well lets say it's simply wonderful!

Have A Great Day!

Debbie K. said...

Oh how I LOVE that pretty, pretty card! Takes my breathe away, really. Really enjoy seeing photos of your home too. It looks so comfy:)

Debbie K. said...

Oh how I LOVE that pretty, pretty card! Takes my breathe away, really. Really enjoy seeing photos of your home too. It looks so comfy:)