Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birds and Blossoms

Hi everyone!
I don't know if you've heard, but Crafty Secrets "Birds and Blossoms" Creative Scraps are now a printable download.   ( you can see it below) and here is the link to the Crafty Vintage Girl Store where you can get it. here.
Here is a card using one of the bird images.
 
 
I was looking back in the file and thought I'd share a few projects I've created in the past, using the Birds and Blossoms Creative Scraps. Below is a wooden bird house I altered using them.
 
And all the birds on the branch on the image below is one of my very favorites.
Love me some chubby little birds :)
 

I can practically hear them singing now. lol


Sandy has some great samples from the Design Team up on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog also.

____________________________________________________


Everyday photos for this week... well....

We're so happy that all the fruit trees we planted last year are blooming!  We had so much trouble keeping the rabbits away from them when we first planted them. We had to replant some right away, but finally, they are all doing well. (fingers crossed)



We have had this little cabin since the boys were little, and have spend LOTS of time there. But since moving to the country about 14 years ago, we seem to be content with being here, plus, the mowing and yard work that come with an acreage keep us plenty busy.  Jarad and Kate now have their own cabin just a ways down the road from this one so Wes has been pretty much taking care of cabin upkeep, mowing ect, and he's there most every day. We were out there helping a bit this week, as he added a new little deck and did some painting. He had a spot tilled so Dan and I could plant a garden.  Now that I'm not traveling and teaching so much, I looking forward to having a garden and canning again like I used to :)


Let me explain the photo below before you think I'm off the deep end completely and dressing my dog on a daily basis. lol      Daisy  dog  had to have stitches.  I had her outside and she chased a rabbit into the trees. I'm not sure what she got cut on? Maybe old barbed wire, since this was an old farmstead. We've tried to get is all ,but some has been there so long it's actually grown into trees. Anyway....she probably would not have any part of wearing a cone , but for some reason a shirt doesn't bother her at all.    So for the past 10 days, she has been wearing a shirt.  
Now, you can say my husband IS "off the deep end" because he is the one who made me stop and wait to take the picture until he put her treat "a carrot" in her shirt pocket.
For some reason he thought  that was really funny.     okkkkkayy


I hope your taking "everyday photos" with me :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs, Vic

5 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous card! What a great idea to have the dog wear a shirt instead of the cone!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm so excited about the new Birds and Blossoms...and I absolutely love what you've created with it here. Fun to see your past creations, too. Everything you do has that special touch. The photo of Daisy made me laugh out loud!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

OK you just got to love the carrot in the pocket and your projects are beautiful!!

Have a Great Day My Friend : )

harrahx2 said...

Very fashionable and the carrot is the perfect finishing touch! Just perfect! Love it.

janel said...

Your work just makes me happy....fresh, and so well done. Spring has definitely filled the air.