It's time for June "Whatevers", with my favorite girls! I chose to do something a little different this month ... a sort of "altered Jar" of sorts, instead of a page... to help tell the story.
If your not familiar with "Whatevers" You can read more about it here. But basically my friends...Nat, Cat, Cuchy, Martha and I have committed to a full year of bringing new life to forgotten photos. Each month we create a page( or in this case.. other altered project) and give it a story using that months photo. We share the photo with you in hopes that you will play along and join in the fun.
There is also more info at the bottom of this post along with the links to the other girls blog, so that you can check out what they have created.
Usually I share my project, and then my story, but this time I'm going to share my story first.
Natallia, Catarina, Victoria, Carmenza, and Martha Beth had been the best of friends since their early school days. Each of them being " high spirited" shall we say. It seemed they were certain to find each other and become friends in the strict all girl school they attended. They were not exactly known for following the rules. Don't get me wrong, they were good girls, but they like to have fun! That might just mean sneaking out the back door of the gymnasium for an afternoon at the beach now and then..
Their love of Art and Music was a passion that kept them close long past their early years and all throughout their adult lives. As the years went on and they had families of their own they always stayed in touch. Luckily always living within an hour or so of each other. For as long as they could remember the beach was the place they always met. The place they could , laugh, talk, draw, paint, swim, whatever they wanted. They could just be together. One Saturday afternoon a month, they met there... year after year. The beach was not the exciting spot it was when they were younger. The people now mostly went to the beach closer to town. That was fine by them, they still loved this place, and loved even more, having it to themselves. It was always guaranteed to be a good time with these five involved. Martha Beth would bring the most amazing food that she would prepare. She was always trying new recipes. Victoria was always happy to try them out. This year particularly ,she thought to herself, it was a good thing she had bought her new suit a size larger. Natallia and Carmenza were usually chatting about something like the gorgeous shades of blues and greens of the ocean waters or the amazing textures of the rocky uplifts. Catarina ... oh Catarina, she was a character. She always arrived last, and always with a grand entrance, waving and hollering from the car window before she ever got parked. She came bounding down to the beach like she was ready to take on the day. Towel in one hand and her basket of tea in the other. She was always in charge of bringing the tea. Everyone LOVED her tea! As she passed out her tea to everyone as she informed them that she had been tasting her new batch and that they were in for a treat, as it was one of her best batches ever. They would spend the day, talking, laughing, eating and drinking .... drinking that delightful tea. They would drink the tea Catarina poured from her mason jars. Tea from mason jars? hmm They never questioned her tea. They certainly didn't want her to quit bringing it.
They drank tea... and they danced. They talked, and laughed and danced some more. Enjoying every minute of the day, until they watched the sun sink down in the water and disappear. Until next time... to art... to good friends... ( and to Catarinas tea).. let the good times roll!
The stamp set I used for this was Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamp - Bathing Beauties
I minute I saw this photo.. I knew I had to use this stamp set. I love it!
Catarina dances among the shells and sea glass :)
***Click here to see what Cat, Nat, and Cuchy made out of the photo and which story they tell.
Here is how it works
- NAT, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blog posts- not on Facebook!
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
Here is this months photo
Thanks for stopping by!
We'd love to have you play along!
We would love to have you join us and play along!!