Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Have a Wonderful Birthday"Card, Outdoor brunch and Breakfast casserole recipe

Well this week was my sister Jan's Birthday, so it called for a little celebration.  I had my sis, and our friends Deb and Julie over for a brunch on Tuesday.  It was so nice to get together, I love these girls. Some serious chatting when on. lol  Here is the card I made for my Sis.


It was a beautiful morning so I thought we would eat out on the deck. Deb, Jan and Julie.


I made a couple different kinds of muffins and a breakfast casserole. And we had fresh fruit.
This was a first time I had tried this breakfast casserole recipe.  I've made many different kinds in the past but this was a new one that I had run across on Pinterest.  It really was very cool.  I'm sure you could add different thing for variations. Use different veggies, cheeses ect.   I cant wait to try it with green chilies and jack cheese.
Below is the recipe I used. 



 Breakfast Casserole
  • 16-oz. pkg. shredded frozen hashbrowns, thawed and divided                               
     
  • 1 onion, chopped and divided                               
     
  • 1 pound ground pork sausage, browned and drained                               
     
  • 1 green pepper, chopped                               
     
  • 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained   ( I used fresh)                            
     
  • 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided                               
     
  • 1 doz. eggs, beaten                               
     
  • 1 1/2 cups milk                               
     
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: garlic salt to taste
Spread half of the hashbrowns in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan. Layer ingredients as follows: half the onion, sausage, remaining onion, green pepper, mushrooms and half the cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour egg mixture over casserole; top with remaining hashbrowns and remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Im glad it was a nice day for Jan. She has a heart of gold and is always doing for  others. I loved making her feel special on her birthday.  Thanks Deb and Julie for making the day extra special!


Thanks for stopping by my friends!  Happy Summer days ahead for all! YAY Summer!

Vic

7 comments:

Vicki robertson said...

Beautiful card! Love the warm, fuzzy, country feeling it gives me. Looks like great friends, food and cake too!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a lovely card and happy belated birthday to your sister!

Jean said...

Gorgeous card!I always am hungry after visiting your posts!

harrahx2 said...

That casserole looks so good. Everything looks good and the card is perfect! What fun you have...........always. Hugs.

Julie Higgins said...

It was absolutely wonderful!!! What a great morning to celebrate such a great sister you have-Jan:) Julie Higgins

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love that card! The green gingham really draws me in. I always love it when you share your party pics! You are the hostess with the mostest for sure! Hugs!

Debbie K. said...

Cute card and yummy looking cake. Now I'm craving some...lol. Happy Belated birthday to Jan:)