Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Using photos to create beautiful cards

Hi friends! Sorry I've been absent for a bit. I've been a little under the weather.  I didn't get my post up for Crafty Secrets Linky Party yesterday, but I hope you all got to see what the other girls created. I'll share their links further down in this post.   They did some amazing projects!  Also check out the Heartwarming Vintage Blog... we'd love to have you play along!
I thought I'd share with you some cards I created using my photos and the "Creating with Vintage Typography CD".   I've shared some of these before.. but they are so fun and super convenient to have on hand.. that I wanted to share again.  

 
Of course you can send them by email or text just like this.... or you can print them off and make a card to mail.  If you do that, you can make it whatever size you want, print it off as many times as you want to have them on hand, or make an extra special card by cutting it out, matting and embellishing it .. till your little heart is content :)
This CD is full of awesome papers, frames, ephemera ect..   But all of the Crafty Secrets CD's have fantastic things on them that will work just like this.
 
Creating with Vintage Typography  
 
I love the idea that I can use photos that mean something to me.  If I print these off into cards I send, I write on the back the place where the photo was taken.  This was taken on one of my trips to Canada.  Victoria.
 
 
Oh how I love butterflies!  
 

 
So you can see here, that I've just printed these out. I can just trim them, score and fold them and half and make as many cards as I wish 
 
I hope you feel inspired to give it a try.     Here are the links to the Crafty Secrets DT girls so you can check out their amazing creations for the Linky Party.
 

Michele Kovack

Darlene Pavlick 

Sheila Rumney

Elizabeth Lincoln
 
 
 
 
I have been taking it kind of easy this past week. I enjoyed a little time here on the front porch watching the momma cardinal feed her babies.  The nest is in that hanging plant.
 
 
I've been taking pictures of their daily progress.  Today is day five.  There were 4 eggs . It seems only 2 hatched.  Boy do they grow fast!
 
 
 
 
Above is my view, straight across the road looking out from the porch.  I wish you could see all the pretty lavender wildflowers over there under the trees better, they are so pretty. We moved out here from town 14 years ago... and it was the best move ever. We love it here.
 
 
It's more to mow... but defiantly worth it. ( of course I don't do the mowing lol) But I think Dad would still say it's worth it also. lol
 
We are supposed to have storms tonight so pray everyone stays safe.  I normally don't get that concerned but they have been giving warnings about tonight for a couple of days now, so I have to admit my nerves are a bit on edge. The skies are already really dark.   I tied my plant  down, hoping to keep the little birdies safe.
 
Take care everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Vicki

7 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Wow Vic your cards are stunning! The pink really makes the first one pop and look fresh and I love your photo from Victoria in the frame as it looks like a window and draws you in. They are all beautiful and now I want to try doing this with some of my photos!

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Hey you and Jan must attract birds because both of you have had birds build nests at your front doors. Actually we had a bird build a nest in the planter next to our front door last year but it was covered by a bushy plant so I did get good photos. Yours is amazing!

Jill Norwood said...

Vickie,
I hope you all weather the storm safely! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Your cards are lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Jill

Jean said...

What a great idea for using photos of flowers! Hope you are feeling better!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is just such a clever idea, Vic...and like everything you do, absolutely beautiful. I love the combination of the vintage elements with modern photos. It's captivating. I'm glad you are taking it easy....and I hope you get over this hump soon. Hugs!

Vicki robertson said...

Your cards are fabulous, Vicki! The photos are amazing. I love peonies, so the first one stole my heart! The landscape photos are great too. I want to come and sit our you porch and share some iced tea!!

Jane Wetzel said...

LOVE love love this idea Vicki- i try to combine pics of gifts people give me into a tyou note too...love your cards :)

harrahx2 said...

As always Vic, your cards are amazing. I too have been MIA with a bit of surgery that went wrong like tumbling blocks! I am just now starting to recover so I hope you are doing better than I am! Missed you lots!