Monday, July 07, 2014

4th of July weekend recap

It's was a busy weekend... but so much fun!  We had company part of the weekend and were gone part of the weekend, so it seemed to go by so fast. Loved getting to spend time with family and friends!  Always hard to see it come to an end. (except for that nap yesterday afternoon.... that felt pretty good. ha!)


I  thought I'd show you a couple of ways I used my AccuCut dies for decor for my deck and porch.  This star die is Star #1 
Same star die was used here with Pennant Flags die  (also AccuCut)


Some days it's just amazing how much fun you can come up with , with a trip to the Dollar store. lol

Yeah... we are ridiculous



The 4th was such a nice day. We didn't even have the air conditioning on.  We spent a lot of time outside on the deck.  We actually chatted out on the deck until the wee hours of the morning.    Woke up late and had Muffins, fruit, juice and coffee for breakfast.  I had made Strawberry Rhubarb, Blueberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, and Banana Blueberry Muffins ahead of time.. so no standing in front of the stove for me that morning. lol


I got busy and forgot to take photos of all the YUMMY food!!  Oh my... so many good cooks!
 
Late that night we had a fire and  S'mores

Oh... festive...yes, we were all festive. lol

most of the time... too an extreme. lol  I love it! ( My sister Jan and brother in law Keith)


Brent, Diana, and Nathanial

Best 4th for July toothless smile :)




Deb and Jan

Round two at Woodcliff at Julie and Warrens.  What a fun time!  These two know how to entertain. I guess you get good at it when you live on a lake because you have company alot...but they have in down to a fine art.  What a nice day!


Again.. enough food for an army. Good food, Good company, boating , fun in the sun .. and then watching fireworks from the boat out on the lake. It was a great day/night
Dan must me telling Keith a "fish" story. lol

Now,.. to get back in the routine of a regular week and normal eating. lol  I hope all of you had a safe and happy forth also.  Thanks for letting me share a little bit of ours.

As always.... thanks so much for stopping by!

Vicki

5 comments:

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Looks like you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. So many fun red, white & blue goodies! I've seen my husband telling one of those "fish" stories too! Thanks for sharing & have a wonderful week.

harrahx2 said...

You make every holiday special Vic. Well, yeah, you make every day special too!

Jean said...

Such fun photos!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, a belated happy 4th of July to you and yours!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Can you come decorate my house? Oh, everything is so beautiful....a real feast for the eyes, Vic! I can see that living life outside the studio is good medicine for you! Hugs!!!