Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today I have a new layout up on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog and some sharing about Royal Family Kids Camp


Hello my friends!!
Here is a little peek at the layout I have up on the Fancy Pants Designs blog.  I'd LOVE for you to pop over and check it out .. along with the beautiful mood  board I used for inspiration.   HERE



*********************************************************
This has been a fun, busy .. "fill your heart up" kind of week for me.  It's the week that I've been spending volunteering at Royal Family Kids Camp.    I'm not able to share photos of the camp or of the children but I can tell you ... it's an amazing HAPPY place.. that is truly making a difference in kids lives. ( and probably in a lot of adults lives also).
You know how I am about taking photos .... at first I thought it was going to be really hard for me to go a week with out a camera... no cell phone with me... no facebook, no instagram.. ect... ect... But you know what... it's been GREAT!   You just get so involved with the whats going on THAT MOMENT with the kids, you really don't think about it after the first day. You just enjoy what's going on.   People really paying attention to each other... when they talk.. not looking at their phones.  Kids know they have your total attention.  They have so many activities to keep them busy all day, swimming , bikes, wall climbing, zip line, fishing, tea parties, balloon launch, breakfast club, crafts, on and on.  All set in an amazing camp environment  in a beautiful spot in the country.    I cant even say enough about how much admiration I have for the people I've spend this week with. Adults who have given a week of their lives to have a positive impact on a child's life.   They just amaze me!!     In the hardest and most stressful of situations.. they find only love and compassion for these kids.  Not only that.. but just seeing the kids bond and look out for each other.  It starts to feel like a big family. I wish I could share with you, every touching moment...  every sweet thing I saw... everything thing that when I saw it , as I sat back quietly .. that gave my goosebumps, because it was so amazing to watch.     I just cant begin to explain what a positive experience it is.   If you have a Royal Family Kids Camp near you  and you think you'd like to be involved, I can tell you, I think you will find it very fulfilling!!

Below is a picture of four of us the night before camp started.    In the front my friend Becky Novacek, to the left of her, is her sister Sherry, I'm in the back, and on the right is my friend Julie.

 You can find out more about Royal Family Kids by following the link below , if your interested.
 Royal Family Kids



Two days left :)


Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki

2 comments:

Jean said...

LOVE your layout! My daughter is getting married in 4 weeks so I need the inspiration!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wonderful! I deliberately leave my phone/camera at home sometimes so that I can live the moment. We miss a lot when we don't. I'm so glad you are having this experience! Your "happy" spilled right over into my morning! Hugs!