Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A simple "Hello" card

It seems that these days ..fun simple designs just call to me. So today, a simple card with a fun design is just what you get. lol   I picked up these papers a long time ago and keep seeing them over there in the rack in the corner of my room... just sitting there, and I keep thinking how much I love them. Finally I sat down this afternoon for a little crafting time. ahhhhh  nice!  The card shape is from AccuCut


I own this Die and use it so much.  It's been a great investment.  AccuCut A2 Card-Scalloped #1 NC213



Oh, I also wanted to show you my chalkboard painted globe.  I finally found a spot for it.  I'm getting a kick out of finding different sayings for it.

Since I haven't been blogging as often, a lot more goes on between post. I need to catch up! (wink).  Yesterday was (daughter-in-law) Kate's Birthday.  We loved having them out for dinner and a visit.  Being a teacher, she is back in full swing with school now. It makes me happy that she loves her job so much. When I ask her how she likes it, she always has positive things to say.  I can tell it's what she's meant to do :)  And she's so good at it!

We got away for a long weekend last weekend with my sister and brother-in-law to a little cabin we rented on a lake about 3 hours from here.   It was our first time there, we had just found it online, so we weren't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. It was AWESOME!


We hiked around a bit each day. The cabin sits by it's self on the lake, and is hiking distance to the river. the guys took the kayaks out.  No kayaking for me..but I did go out in the paddle boat if that counts for anything. ha!

It was a great little cabin. Super cute and comfy inside also. So when we got to hot outside, it was great to be able to come in a relax. ( as you can see the guys doing here :) 

Early Saturday Morning I got up and got some great shots of the fog on the lake.  It was so quiet and beautiful.   The entire weekend was really nice. We hated to leave.  Looking forward to making plans to go back again.


Before we left I even managed to squeeze in a cut .. that was much needed.  I skipped color this time. I usually go a shade darker in the Fall, but I'm not ready for Fall... so I'm not ready for that their. Both can just wait, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not ready to give up Summer yet!

I hope things have been good for all of you. I always appreciate you stopping by.  Thank you!

Vicki

5 comments:

Jean said...

PRetty card! I just got a die cut machine! Need to look for a die like that.

Jane Wetzel said...

first, the card is adorable..i too love the print/colors..the cabin is so cool looking..bet u had a blast and love your cute hair! lol

harrahx2 said...

Love the card and the colors are right up there with my faves....the place you rented looks like it was perfect. My nephew lives on a lake in New Hampshire and it is so beautiful there.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love blue and yellow together, and it really looks great on this card. The way you used the negative space on the circle is so clever! Love that! Finally...that globe....awesome!!!!

Bettyann said...

love the sweet card..I am going to steal your idea, as I have the same die...sweet cabin, sounds like you are having a great summer...need to get my hair cut, am looking so shaggy lol
take care girlfriend xxx bettyann