Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Canvases, milkpaint table makeover, and Catherines planner

Well, my plans for this week were to start working on some Fall canvases and other Fall projects for an upcoming Fleamarket, but boy am I having a hard time giving up on Summer.  It was pretty obvious when I laid out three canvases to work on backgrounds, and the first two were in Fall colors and BAM.. just like that ... I was back to Summer colors .....   That this is going to take a little more discipline on my part to THINK FALL! ahhhh

I decided since I'm going to be making a few of each style when I do projects for this Fleamarket, I would do all the canvas backgrounds at one time ... let them dry , and then move on to the next step. Not that I would do all the backgrounds the same, (trust me, I learned a long time ago, repeating my projects like an assembly line, is not something that works well with me. Just cant do it.)  My plan was just to do backgrounds of same size canvases with this style of flower.  I thought it would maybe lessen the mess by doing it this way.  Again, wrong, it seems, I'm just kind of a messy crafter no matter what. HA!
I have to say, creating the backgrounds is my favorite part :)  Even though it's the messy part.




 ________________________________________________________


There is something I wanted to share with you all, if you haven't already seen it on Facebook.  If you are a follower of mine you probably know that Catherine Scanlon is a dear friend of mine.  I love her and am so proud of all her successes in the art industry over these past years. She is so talented and so deserving !
She is now in the process of opening her own studio of teaching... and it looks so amazing!   It's called Merrymeeting Art House and you can see the site and some cool photos here.

On the side bar of her blog you can find links to her publications, to her online classes to  where to buy her stamps and stencils ect.  Cats blog   Art From the Heart

Can you tell I'm kinda proud of her?? lol   Well I am!!    But what I really wanted to tell you about is her new printable planner for your "coloring pleasure".  Oh my .. it's awesome!



Here is the link so you can check it out.

My Artful Life Planner






__________________________________________________________

 Other than making messes, it's been kind of a quite week.  It's good to have a week like that now and then right?

This is one of the other projects I worked on a bit.  I found this table at a Flea Market for $13. It was all just the brown wood.  I knew what I wanted to do with it, I just dread painting. :(    My friend Deb had this grey milk paint left over from a table that she had done, and kept encouraging me.  I finally jumped it and did it. Actually the paint went on like a dream, and I love how the table turned out.


Still canning.   Still week, some tomatoes for chili that have peppers, onions and garlic in them.  And some jars of salsa.

We seem to be getting more yellow squash rather than regular zucchini.  I've always used zucchini for baking but read that they can be used interchangeably, so I made these zucchini muffins with the yellow squash.  They turned out great. Good to know.


Funny, after posting these photos I guess I did get more done this week than I thought.  And I thought it was a uneventful slow week. lol.

Have a happy day my friends!  Thank you so much for coming by!

Vicki

4 comments:

Jean said...

I love the table! We have an overabundance of zucchini now and am making breads, grilled, etc!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! The canvases are gorgeous!!! I like the idea of one for each season!!

Bettyann said...

love you paint-over...sweet...I have been using chalk paint and love it; but I am going to try to make my own. yummy relish..remember as a kid sitting at a grinder making relish..messy but good...take care :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the sunny yellow background on that canvas. YOu've inspired me....gotta get out some sprays and have some fun! Thanks for the yellow squash tip...I'm going to try that, too! Hugs and misses!