Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"Hello" Card using Fancy Pants Nautical Collection

Summer is going by way too fast for me!  Kids are getting ready to head back to school already. (easy for me to say.. since I don't have any school age kids :) lol    I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and it's all Fall and Christmas stuff... eeeek!   I'm still loving the sunshine and Summer colors. This card is done with Fancy Pants Nautical Collection.  I love how each of the Fancy Pants Collections are filled with gorgeous papers and elements that work for any themes.. ...   Nautical Card?? hmmmm :)


Everyday Photo #1

I'm enjoying Summer, just doing a little of this and that.  I've certainly been at the cabin more this Summer, simply because that's where the garden is, for one thing.  Yesterday Daisy and I went for a boat ride with Wes.   I must say I am a little alarmed by the "Asian Carp" that have invaded the rivers. Seriously!  I thought I was going to get hit by one, as they jumped out of the water. THREE ended up IN the boat!


Everyday Photo #2

The garden has been doing very well!  I've been working on canning tomatoes.  It's times like this that I really miss my mom.  This is something she and I did together a lot.  I seriously don't think I could do it without that piece of aqua Club cookware that used to be moms.  We used it every single time we canned. Sweet memories.

Everyday Photo #3

This year we planted a number of fruit trees along the edge of our lot.   The squirrels have been battling us constantly for their bounty.   I found this on the kitchen counter the other day.  Do you think my husband is proud of the lone peach he has managed to save from the squirrels?? lol


Super exciting week around here. lol   I think I'm still resting up from last week ( camp week).
I hope you are all enjoying your Summer!  I'd love to hear about what you've been up to.  Gardening, vacationing, spending time with the grandkids?

Thanks ..... as always, for stopping by!

Vicki

5 comments:

Shirley Sendgraff said...

I so agree about Summer flying by!! Love the cute card! Love when you make your banners, I need to try smaller ones, I use old bingo cards! Glad you get to spend time with Wes, can't wait til my boy comes home from Lincoln! After the Fourth of July the days start to really fly, and we have one starting preschool and one starting Kindergarten and it's also their birthday month! At least I get to have 3 Bella days before she starts school!! Enjoy what's left of this glorious summer my dear friend!!

Jean said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors of those papers! Wonderful summer pics!

Scrap for Joy said...

Congrats on your bumper crop of peach-lol! Nothing like home grown and your canned tomatoes are gorgeous!
I find that I almost can't make a card without using a doily...they add so much cuteness...not that you need to stretch to be cute!
This summer is a blur. My husband and I are getting ready to move at the end of this month from Pittsburgh, PA to Delaware....near the beach. We are excited but it has been a lot of work.
Loved that red barn in your last post....do you ever dream about having your own business based in a cute place like that barn?
Happy Thursday Vic!
xoxo
Joyce

harrahx2 said...

Wes looks great! Asian carp? Do they fish them to kill them like snake heads? These foreign fish that are invading are nasty. Hugs to you and I love LOVE your card!

Linda S. said...

Goodness, Gracious!! What river were you and Wes (great photo of him by the way) boating on? I live very close to the Platte, just before it empties into the Missouri. I have not heard of the carp jumping into boats before. I would be scared, too!