Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's a Fall Welcome... 16x20 Burlap Panel

Well, I'm still pushing along, trying to make myself accept that Summer is coming to an end.  I do love Fall, just not what comes after it so much.  I've been working on a few things for an upcoming flea market.  I found these flat 16x20 Burlap Panels that have been so fun to create with.  I wish I would have put something beside this to gauge the size for the photo, because if you don't look at the measurements... you might assume it was a card or something. lol  Actually it's quite large..




You can see here, they aren't like a traditional canvas.  Kind of fun and different.  I found them at Micheals.


Yesterday was National Dog Day... so I was thinking of all the pooches that have been a part of my life since I was a kid until now.  Each one has a little piece of my heart.

Keebie- ( Top left)- started out as my older brothers dog.. until he went to Korea for the Army.. then Keebie became mine.  Keebie stayed home with mom and dad even after I was first married, as he was getting quite old by then.  What a good dog!
Ralph-(Top Middle)- Dan's and Mine first dog together. Ridiculous name was Dan's choice. lol We loved that dog like a child. Sweetie heart!!
Pokey- (Top Right)- Santa brought him to Wes and Jarad when Jarad was 2 and Weston was 5.  That dog put up with a lot. Most faithful dog ever! We had him until Wes's first year in college.
Aly-(Bottom left)- Aly was special. She just stole everyones heart. Kind, obedient ...sweet Aly. It's still hard for me to even think about her without tears. She was my best friend.
Molly-(Bottom Middle) Molly is independent. She comes to you when she wants attention... and when she's had enough, she walks away. lol That's just her personality.. and we love her just the way she is. lol She has been with us 12 years and has a lot of health issues.  At this point, we just pretty much let her have what she wants and do as she pleases.  Attention, naps and good food :) She LOVES Wes! and he loves her.
Daisy- (Bottom Right)- Daisy.. oh Daisy... She is a rambunctious, in your face, little lovey dog. We had been used to two old dogs when we got her, so her energy level took a bit of getting used too.  She is the best cuddler! She hates to be cold so she will get as close to you as possible. Gotta love her!

My dogs............


Exciting stuff this week...... Dan picked our first apples off the apple tree we planted.  He was so proud! lol

Wes stopped here last night on his way to work. It was good to see him. He was putting on his new camera for the first time.  I have to say reading all the negative things about  law enforcement lately in the news and on Facebook really bothers me at times.  I know there are good and bad officers just like there are good and bad of any other profession. There are  many good ones out there risking their lives to protect ... we just don't hear enough about those.  I guess this is something I think about even more now that MY son is one of them putting on a uniform everyday. It's scarey.


Before I close, I wanted to make sure I showed you this incase you miss it. Crafty Secrets is offering this great SUMMER Super Pack Blowout for $19.95 and it is FULL of a crazy amount of great stuff.
You can find it HERE



Okay friends ...... have a GREAT week!!

Off to try to make something else while I have this mess out. lol

Vic


7 comments:

Katrina Hunt said...

TOTALLY love this! I have seen these at Michael's and have resisted picking them up. Guess what?! LOL Happy National Dog Day (yesterday)!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the polka dots combined with the chevron pattern, Vic! You really knocked it outta the park with this fun, festive fall wall hanging! Thanks for the shout out for CS, too! Hugs!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Vickie, I hear you about your son, my son is also a policeman and right now they are getting a lot of dirt from the media thrown in their face. These men and women choose go out everyday to protect us. The low pay, most have to take on extra to help support their families. If something happens and the police aren't Johnny on the spot you sure do here about it. Where were they and when they are there and get in the line of fire, they get no thanks. Here in the IN we lost 3 policemen in less than 10 days. My heart sinks every time I here of a policeman begin shot. But pray helps a lot. My son has been riding in Cops Cycling For Survivors for 4 years now to raise funds for the survivors. They ride 1000 miles around IN in 13 days, stopping and remembering the fallen officer. I am so very proud of him. Know that another mother knows what putting that badge on everyday mean.s

Sorry to rant.

I do like your canvas by the way. I need to start playing again.

Hugs and God Bless,
Gretchen

harrahx2 said...

Your messes are so creative! Love the Fall and you did a beautiful job with it. Your son looks good in uniform!

Susan said...

Love your fall canvas! Be proud of your son. Not everyone is willing to take those risks every day.

MJ said...

So nice to pop by & be updated on your pups & Wes! Glad to see that all is well as you prep for fall already!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, I loved this post with photos of all your doggies and your autumn canvas is wonderful! Wes looks so great in his uniform I bet he makes the girls swoon.

I miss you, can you come by for a margarita?? I wish!

PS thanks for the shout out for Crafty Secrets. I finally have all 6 of the sale packs finished and they are a hit.

xox Sandy