Saturday, September 13, 2014

It was a "Banner" day with the girls. Crafting... Fall Banners

Well, do I have your attention now??  Or did I just make you hungry? lol   I made these Pumpkin Parfaits for the girls when I had them over for a little crafting yesterday.   I found the recipe on pinterest. Here it is on this blog ...Cheryl Style (Pumpkin Parfait) 
It is yummy!
I love pumpkin anything!
It's really cooled off there this week and it's been rainy and gloomy. But these girls will brighten up any day.  We got together to work on some Fall Banners.  I have been working on some for the upcoming Flea Market my friend Lynda is hosting in a couple of weeks.  Below is my sis in the aqua sweater, my friend Deb next to her, and my friend Julie behind.   We met for breakfast in my little towns "Corner Cafe" ( that's really the name by the way) lol  before we got started.  There is just something about a little small town cafe that I just love.  Next time I'm in there, I'll take some photos.  It's just nothing fancy that's for sure, worn tables, mismatching coffee cups, farmers talking about the weather.... but so sweet!  I better take quiet photos with  my phone. I cant imagine how crazy they would think I was if I whipped out my big camera and started clicking away. hahaha


I have to show you this tho.


We all ordered Denver Omelets. The waitress said that comes with either ... wheat toast, and English muffin or a cinnamon roll .. what would you like?   ummmmmm......
Seriously? You had to ask?!? lol  So home made cinnamon rolls, huge omelets with hash browns.  We all ended up only being able to eat half our food.  I knew it would be a way bigger breakfast than any of us were used too, so I didn't make lunch ...just those pumpkin parfaits, but like Julie said, we all slightly exceeded our calories allotment for the day yesterday!!! Oh my!!
#totallyworthit

 Once we could actually comfortably sit down... lol, we started working on our banners.
I had all the framed letters printed off ahead of time.  They are from the Crafty Secrets "Creating with Vintage Halloween CD"


Of course I have to share them all. Each one of different from the other. All beautiful!

Here's Julies


Here's Jans
Here's Debs


Here's mine


And here is another one of mine I had made the day before as a sample for them, as what we were making.



I'm sorry it's been a while between my blog posts, between a lot going on, I have been dealing with migraines more often. I'm sure the weather is playing a big part in that.  I've been working on getting this post done since yesterday and finally just got up because I couldn't sleep, and am finally finishing up.  I'm hoping to be able to do the Alzheimer's Memory Walk tomorrow, so I hope this Headache goes away and stays away!!

                                            Alzheimer's Association Donation Link here


I hope you have all a great week!  Craft on!  and Enjoy Life!

Vic

3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I have always loved your banners, and I really, really love these! Soooo sweet, Vic! Wonderful fall colors. Hope your poor head feels better soon. I miss you! xo

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Vic these banners are AWESOME ... each and everyone of them!! You & your sisters all look alike ... what a great photo and those cinnamon rolls ... OMG I gained a few pounds just looking at them! LOL!
Hope that nagging headache goes away and you're able to do the walking and have a little more crafting fun! Thanks for sharing and once again inspiring me!! Great job! Miss You over at CS!!! HUGS from 'chilly' Ohio! Fall is definitely in the air here too!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, those are lovely. Jan's just makes me think of fields of flowers. Love them all! Hugs my friend.