Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Canvas and a Fleamarket recap

We lucked out and had a great weekend for the flea market the weather was nice. Crisp Sunny Fall days!  Lots of people came out.  I'll share lots of photos below, but in keeping with my routine.... first a project.   This is a 16x20 Flat Burlap Canvas.   I used mists to create the background. Stencils, markers and paint for the letters. (Mists for the flower also, as it was originally light pink)


here you can see that the canvas is flat.   Kind of a fun different base to work from. I found them in a number of different sizes at Micheal's.



So , more about the Flea Market.   My friend Lynda hosted it at her place just off hwy 30 Near North Bend NE.   Super convenient as it's just a couple miles from me.  I mostly sold crafts so she was kind enough to let me sell inside her shop with her things,but the entire huge side yard under the trees had many vendors.  I sold most of my big things at my flea market a couple of years ago.


Here are some photos from inside the shop.

You can see the redo of Lynda's home and shop in my previous post.  It's just amazing what they've done.


Lynda has a ton of darling things.  I did  a number of canvases, banners, ect...

So many fun things to look at.

Check out these caramel apples she makes. ( she makes the caramel from scratch)  They are SOOOO good!  She sold over 30 between 9am and 11am lol.


The vendors had a little bit of everything.  I tried to not look too much... and discipline myself. Seriously, I am trying to simplify and have less. If I look... I just know I will find a bunch of things I NEED!! lol    I did pick up a frame, a few vintage juice glasses and a necklace.  Trust me.. that is good for me.  
There was lots of tempting things for a girl like me. yikes!

Something for everyone's taste.


Check out this darling little set.

IF I would have kept looking, my fear was that I'd come home with more than I took!!

There was a constant flow of traffic all day both days.   It was fun to meet new people and to get to see lots of friends!   Which is always my favorite part of something like this.   Huge thanks to everyone who came out, and especially to Lynda and Tom Cerny for hosting such a fun even on their beautiful land.
You can follow Lyndas shop on facebook  "Florals finds and glorified junk"
and if you are on Facebook and aren't already a friend of mine.... please friend me :)


Thanks for letting me share.   Today is chilly and rainy here, and I'm thinking it's a good day to stay in and catch up on some things around here.  I hope what ever your doing to get your week started .... makes for a good Monday!     

Thanks for stopping by!


P.S   I have a project up on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog today.   I'd love for you to pop over and leave a comment for a chance to win the True Friend Collection!!   HERE





5 comments:

Linda said...

LOVE the flea market recap! So much yummy stuff! I also enjoyed your project! Gorgeous colors!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your canvas is gorgeous. And a "Ditto" to the rest of your flea market blog. I love that you shared all the great photos. I gave up a 2 day auction for all of the same reasons. I need to simplify..It must be an age thing, and my kids don't want any of it!! I raised some smart sons! Enjoy fall, we too are having a gloomy day, rain and winds. But looking forward to the week. Hubby can go back to field work.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

That canvas is absolutely beautiful! I love the fall colors you were able to create, and the burlap background is perfect! I'm really impressed with the stenciling...so neat and tidy! I need to take lessons! LOL The flea market looked amazing...good thing I wasn't there...even from your photos I spotted a half dozen things that made me go "oooh!" Thanks for sharing, Vic!

Pearl Maple said...

Cute canvas and wow that is a great flea market, so much to see and do

my blog moved to www.pearlmaple.com

Debbie K. said...

Love your canvas, Ms. Vicki. You do such amazing things. The flea market looks like sooo much fun. Wish I lived closer so I could go:)