Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Globe Bowl on a pedestal

Do you ever have something pictured in your mind, even go to the point that you pick up the stuff to make it  ....but then just never quite get to the point of making it happen?  Okay seriously, we all do right? Please say yes, because it seems to happen to me quite a bit.  I had seen a bowl made of a  globe way last year, and loved the look of it. It had pincones in it for Fall and it was gorgeous. I love the blue/aqua colored globes but the other colors like the one below and the black ones really get my attention.  While I was out one day last Fall at the Estate Dispersal Sale I found this globe, and the prince was very reasonable . I was excited to get it. Yay, finally had a cool globe for a bowl. But...
for some reason it just sat and sat on top of my Fall bins in the garage until it finally it  just got packed way with my Fall Decor.  This year when I get my Fall Decor out, there it is. Ugh!  I decided, well, if I'm not going to make something for me, I'm atleast going to whip up a couple of quick bowls to sell at the Flea Market this weekend, because I am not packing these two globe haves away again.
So much for me and my big plans. The saga continues.


Yes, that's one sitting on my dinning room table, and yes it does look like it's staying there... because it is.  Not selling it.... I like it. lol  (Changed plans again).  The one I first saw had a low base but I wanted a kind of pedestal, so I used this candle base I had. I debated about painting it ,but then decided I liked the contrast of the black.  You can use E600 to attach your base.    What did I do with my other globe half?  Well, you know I love my sissy, and she always shares with me :)

I also thought about painting the inside of the globe but thought it might be cool to mod podge some old book print page pieces inside.   I'm glad I did, I love the look.

Anyway, so there is the story of my project that only took a year to complete. lol

_________________________________________________________________


What did I do this week?

It felt like it was a week long party.  My birthday was Tuesday, but Dan and I celebrated Saturday night (even if it was just pizza and a movie at home) because thats really our fave thing to do. lol
I got together with my friend Julie for Mexican food Friday night ........ as you can see she always keeps me laughing.  It helps when your being sang too with a sombrero on your head in front of a bunch of people. geeezzzz  lol
   I got to see my old room mate who was in  town from Watertown SD.  And I spent time with a number of my friends over the last few days... and it was awesome!!   ( and it wasn't like it was a special birthday or anything.   Like I was turning 30 or something) hahahah Not even and "0" birthday.    I don't know how I can be so blessed with so many amazing people in my life. Seriously... I am blessed!!!


Jarad had class last night, so he and Kate took me to dinner tonight. It was SO great to get to spend time with them.  Wish Dan could have gone, but he had to sleep to be ready for work tonight :(
Love those kids.
Wes was over and spent some time ( my favorite thing is always time with the kids :)  gave me a gift certificate for us to go to Farmer Browns. I haven't been there for years. Cant wait.

And yesterday my sissy, made made the day fun... we shopped and hung out... had dinner.  It was a perfect day.   So many calls, texts, facebook birthday wishes, ect... I felt totally LOVED! 
THAT is a good feeling!



Remember if you live close Friday and Saturday is the Fleamart.

Fri Oct 10th and Sat Oct 11th
Hours will be 9-6 Fri & only 9-2 On Sat

Forals, finds and glorified junk
 972 Hwy 30  ( just East of North Bend)


If you see this ...you know your there.   Vendors will be our in the side yard..but there will be crafts and things inside also.  That is where I'll be :)



Thanks for stopping by!

Vic

5 comments:

bettyann said...

love your globe bowl...I have a bit of a fixation with globes lol...so happy that you were able to enjoy a birthday week with family and friends...take care...wish I was closer to you..love to go to the fleamart..

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm so glad you had such a happy birthday! It makes sense that it was such a celebration, because we are all so glad you were born! I love the globe/table decor! It does look really cool with the old book pages inside. And I'm glad you kept it! LOL Good luck this weekend!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday! I just love the globe dish!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love this, Vicki -- thanks for the inspiration! Whenever I find my girls' globe (whenever we get to unpack again), I'll be saving it for this project! Love your ModPodged inside, too!

ddlady said...

Happy belated birthday Vicki! Sounds like you had a wonderful time all week! I love the 1/2 half globes, especially the paper mache. I've always loved the old newspapers or old music sheets for paper mache. Good luck this weekend!
Linda Cichowski