Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cards Using Fancy Pants Designs Park Bench Collection and a Christmas recap

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a really nice Christmas.  Any time to put your feet up yet?  I haven't even thought about taking down my Christmas decor.  Usually I do it fairly soon, but this year, I think I'll wait until after New Years.  More than anything, I'll miss the white lights at night. I love having them on. Oh, and I don't really have the energy to put it all away ... there's that too. lol

Instead of doing the "not fun" stuff. I played with paper.  I had started this first card for my sister and brother-in -laws anniversary (which is today), before Christmas, so I thought I better finish it up.
Happy Anniversary Jan and Keith!

I used the Fancy Pants "Park Bench" Collection.  I love how their collections make creating cards so quick and easy.   When I take out the collection I usually always make at least two or three cards, never just one. Seems silly to have it all out and then put it right away, when they cards come together so easily.
The bow on the card above is one of my dies from AccuCutBows VC106

It's always nice to have a little stash of cards ready when you need one right?
 

Christmas Eve we had our traditional Dunn family Christmas. There are quite a few of us so we always rent the same place for our family gatherings. It was hard at first .. not to have it at mom and dads like we used to ,but we realized years ago , it was just too much for anyone's house.  We continued to want to spend Christmas Eve together, so renting a larger place we could meet, was the best solution. Now, it seems so normal. We are just happy to be together.  Of course this isn't all of us. Not by a long shot.  I am the youngest of seven. We are all married with children... grandchildren and some have great grandchildren. So there are a bunch of us :)  We have a sister (and family) living in Florida and also in AZ, so they weren't all able to be here of course.
Wes (our oldest) wasn't able to be there, because he had to work. He is a police officer. Jarad ( our other son and his wife Kate). Couldn't make it Christmas Eve either...but luckily we got to spend Christmas morning with all of them.
Lots of family, lots of goodies and always lots of laughs.

Did I mention.. lots of laughs? lol  We had a white elephant gift exchange, which is always interesting with these characters :)
Always funny how entertaining a BOX can be.     ( for those of you who have be following for a long time... that is Griffin) Can you believe how fast these kids grow up??
I was laughing about these silly bell decorations on the wall, and told Nathanial and Neely that is would make my day if they took them down and wore them for hats.   What can I say? They love me :)
I DID make my day!!!   I love these two SO much!!!


Early Christmas morning ( as soon as Wes got off work, after a 12 hour shift) we had our family Christmas here at the house with the kids.   We had Breakfast together and then opened gifts.  I had made a breakfast casserole the day before so things came together pretty easy.  Good thing, because we were all beat! lol

The rest of the morning consisted of a lot of laying around. Which made us all happy. lol

Jarad and Kate brought, Rylie and Cloey, (the grandpups)... so they four dogs were happy to see each other.
Can you tell we are a dog loving family?? lol
Our Christmas was as usual... not super fancy, but filled with family, food and lots of love... and thats works just great for us.

I hope yours was just want you wished for.

Thanks friends, for stopped by,   Vicki

4 comments:

Debby said...

Looks like a fun time for a big family. Happy holidays.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

You make ME smile, Vic! You have a gift for finding joy in the every day moments that make up our lives. Thanks for sharing these cute cards, and your Christmas with us. Hugs!

Jean said...

Fun times.

harrahx2 said...

it is hard to believe how quickly all the kids are becoming adults! Great pics Vicki and great cards. You truly do make me smile!