Monday, December 01, 2014

Catching up

Oh my, to think I used to blog daily! Wow, how things have changed lol.   I have a tiny bit of guilt about that, but at the same time I'm enjoying the extra time for things I havent been able to do for years.  Like.... reading a book. Wow... that's a big deal to me.  Just taking time for other things I enjoy.. and it's good.   But I love being able to come up to my studio and create when I feel like it now, instead of always for a deadline. It's so much more enjoyable when your doing it because you just really want to.
The other day I got to go see some really excited new parents and a beautiful new baby girl.  Some friends of Wes's (and ours of course) that live on a farm near us just had their first baby. She's precious and they are over the moon! 
I took dinner  and a couple of outfits for the baby over too them their second night home from the hospital.  (Good excuse to get to hold the baby huh?)     Anyway, I started making a card for the gift and decided on a little banner instead.

Meet Lyla... she's perfect!

 So the cold weather has arrived.... winter is here. Not my favorite time of the year, but I'm always trying to see the beauty in it when I can.  Its has it's moments.   I do love the Holidays though.  

  We really do have so much to be thankful for. Thankful our kids are happy and healthy.

And that we have gotten to spend time with all of them this month :)

We were all together with the large extended family on Thanksgiving, and that was great.
( I'm glad the pumpkin pie if finally gone so it quits tempting me!!)

It was a great day with the family. I realized at the end of the day that I had hardly taken any photos at all.  The incident below may have distracted me a bit from photo taking. grrrrr.     Thank goodness we had all already eaten, and I was just making an extra batch of gravy for later when the handle on the pot decided to break as I was turning to pour it into the bowl to cool.   Thank goodness it had already cooled some or I could have really gotten burned.   Yep... that mess is gravy!   Not fun to clean up, I'll tell you that much.
Luckily the place we rent is really close to where we live, so I could run home to change. Trust me, when I walked in the door the dogs thought they had hit the jack pot. lol  I dogs dream... the person you love... covered in gravy! lol
 

Yesterday and the day before I started working on putting Fall decorations away and bringing out the Christmas stuff.  I dont put our half what I used to and still it seems to take forever.  I'm just trying to take my time and enjoy the process.   At this rate I should be finished by the 24th or 25th lol.



I wanted to be sure to tell you all that the December Fancy Pants Newsletter is  out today.   It's full of inspiration!!!    You can see it here  NEWSLETTER


Here is a peek at a few things I have in this issue


cards and gift wrap ideas.

I hope you are all taking time for yourselfs during this holiday season.   Give yourself permission for that... it's okay.... really it is :)

Thanks as always for coming by, Vicki

3 comments:

Debby said...

Oh no, not the gravy. That had to be a mess. Sounds like it was a good holiday.

Jean said...

Too bad about the gravy! Super cute baby gift!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I just love you! Reading your blog is like sitting down with a cup of my favorite herbal tea! I feel so relaxed and happy by the time I get to the end of your posts. Love that! Your baby banner is darling beyond words! I have been in banner making mode lately, and it is so much fun. I made a Thanksgiving banner with the grandgirls...they loved it! I'm also glad the pumpkin pie is gone...but there are still pumpkin whoopie pies in the fridge..and they keep calling my name. LOL Hope you have a joyous Christmas season, Vic! Sending you a hug!