Saturday, December 13, 2014

NEW Digital Christmas Stamps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage and photos from my banner class at Florals Finds and Glorified Junk

Well, I have been excited to work with these new digital Christmas Stamps that Crafty Secrets just released. A little too excited I guess, because I managed to drop my paintbrush on my page!  Super frustrating!  I've printed off a new page and will work on it tomorrow.  I was just so relaxed and really enjoying the process and then... oooops!  You can visit here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog  to see all the new stamps and see a great tutorial Sandy has posted on how to change the color from black to whatever color you choose.
There are some awesome new images.  You can only image how happy I was to see the DEER!! And a truck with a tree in the back that is so cool!  Anyway, you can check them out for yourself..but there is a lot of them .. and they are all great!


My banner classes at Floral Finds and Glorified Junk were very fun.  Total girls night... lots of craftiness and chatting :)     There really isnt space for large classes here, but to have a chance to do these smaller intimate classes that are just really low key... was so much fun. It was just like a friends night out.

(you can see the banners we made my previous post)

*You can follow Florals, Finds and Glorified Junk on Facebook*
The place is so fun anyway, but at night with the Christmas lights... well, it was just really awesome!

Lynda ( the owner)  has an amazing eye for design. Although she is a florist, she is very talented crafter... oh... and junker, painter,  business owner, and wearer of about a million other hats... all while running after three little super cute little boys.   Luckily she has an great side kick.. her husband Tom. Between the two of them I don't think there is much they cant do. They have made this place look so fantastic!

The shop is full of beautiful Poinsettias Lynda had just gotten in.

Super Cute big Stars and snowflakes Lynda and Tom make.  My sis went home with one of each :)

Oh.. and look at this Santa Lynda made!
We crafted, and chatted and had cupcakes and cider, in Lynda's fun barn shop.  I love these little vintage style tree picks I found at Layered Cake Shop.   I also ordered some adorable DEER :) and some silver trees.   Here is the link to it on line if you are interested.   Layered Cake Shop


The best part of teaching classes, is always ... of course hoping you inspire others ...but for me it's also making  new friends... and of course spending time with old friends.. if I'm lucky enough to have them there.  Which this time I was:)  yay!   The other night I met a new friend.  She is a blog follower, and believe it or not she lives not all that far away from me.   I'm hoping we'll be able to get together on a regular basis now that we know each other.  Yay for making new friends!!    Waving HI Karen!


Thanks for letting me share with you.  Tomorrow I'll give watercolor another whirl and try to hold on to my brush a little better this time.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Vicki

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Hello from another fellow Ne crafter! I love getting your posts in my e-mail as I'm always inspired. I'm wondering what you protect your printing with that you can water color a printed stamp image? Wouldn't the ink from the printing bleed with the water?

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I like where you were going with this before you dropped your brush! Thanks for the shout out!I know it meant a lot to Sandy!

harrahx2 said...

So wish I was there. The darling cupcakes with trees, the banners and the fun! Hugs!