Monday, January 12, 2015

"BE mine" Card using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

Have you seen the super cute digital dog stamps that Crafty Secrets has?  Yes, you know I'm a dog lover.. but even if I wasn't a freak for pooches, I'd love these... because they are adorable.   And are so many different ones.  You can see them all here  Digital Dog stamps
With Valentines Day coming up I decided to put a pup to use delivering a Valentine. The Little frame and the papers are also from Crafty Secrets.  You can see all their goodies here at Crafty Vintage Girl.


I baked these Cherry Chip Cookies today.  I had planned to make them at Christmas but time got away from me.  I've posted this recipe before a few years ago and found out a couple of things.  One... lots of people liked them... and Two.... cherry chips aren't a staple in grocery stores in every state. Some people couldn't find them.

But if you can, these cookies are easy and yummy!   A friend gave me this recipe many years ago. I used to make them for the boys when they were little. They were Jarad's favorites.



Cherry Chip Cookies   375 Degrees - 12 min

2 1/4 cups flour
1/8 teas salt
1 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1teas almond ext
3/4 cup cornflakes
1/2 package cherry chips (reg or mini)

Sift together flour and salt. Cream butter and sugar.  Mix in egg yolk and almond ext. To butter mixture add four and salt. Mix until smooth. Stir in corn flakes and cherry chips. Roll in to 1 inch balls and press down with fork ,sprinkle with sugar. 

Super easy!

I put them in the freezer.  Now, I hope that is enough to keep me out of them. (probably not..eek).
 Hoping to be able to make a trip up to South Dakota to my cousins funeral if the weather permits. Another beautiful kind person, taken from us too soon by cancer.
 While we are there we will visit with the Aunts and Uncle on the other side of the family also.  I thought I'd make some cookies and muffins to take along.

Wishing you all a great week. Stay safe and love each other.

Vicki

4 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love this, Vic! The colors are perfect and that doggie is too cute! Safe travels...and stay outta the cookies! LOL I'm fighting the same battle!

harrahx2 said...

Such a cute card and so fitting for someone that spoils their dogs......Hugs....

Miss Tracy said...

Super-cute card Vicki and the cookies look so yummy!!!

Rea' said...

OMG An adorable card and a recipe too?! Now THAT is heartwarming <3