Sunday, January 18, 2015

Canvas Techniques Class at Floral Finds and Glorified Junk using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage images, paints, mists, sencils, stamping,.....

I rested up today after a weekend away and now I'm preparing for my Tuesday class at Floral Finds and Glorified Junk.   It's a Canvas Class.  If you live near there is still 2 openings at this point.   I'll copy and paste the description I posted on Facebook below.  ( if you are interested please email me at vickichrisman@hotmail.com )  


**TWO opening left in this class **

Here is My Class January 20th (Tuesday) at 2pm at Florals, Finds & Glorified junk ( near North Bend NE) We'll be making this 11x14 canvas using paint, mists, stencils, stamps ect. You'll learn a number of different techniques in this class and leave with a beautiful canvas. The main image ( created from Crafty Secrets Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD)  will be the same for all, but you will have a choice of colors of papers and of embellishments, so you can create it with your own personal style. Of course you'll have all the help you want :)  It will be a fun creative time. Since we want to have plenty of room to spread out and work .  Class cost $20
note: if your taking the class I will print out your family name (or whatever name you want, if you let me know) a head of time so you have it to add to your canvas the day of the class.
Huge thanks Lynda Cerny for giving us such a fun place for these classes

Here are some closet ups , so you can see the techniques.   




This main image is created and printed on watercolor paper to give it texture.


We'd love to have you join us!


____________________________________________________________

 This weekend we had to say goodbye to a beautiful person, taken away too soon by cancer. Our cousin Myrna was never without a smile! and you never heard a complaint from her.... not even when things were at their very worst. She will be missed by so many.

 (this photo was taken of her and a a few years ago)


We left for South Dakota Friday ( Dan and I both disappointed again that because of his work hours he couldn't join us).  My sister Jan and brother-in-law Keith hit the road.   Both my parents families originated in South Dakota and all my my siblings but my next oldest brother and I were born there. So it's always been a big part of our lives.  Many, Many trips there over the years, visiting Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, ect..    So many memories.   

Although it was so sad to say goodbye, seeing family that you don't get to see often and miss, always helps.  And being in a place that is  filled with so many happy comforting   memories is a big part of that also.
I took this photo on the long drive out to the cemetery which is on a hill not far from their family ranch. The name of the cemetery is "Spotted Tail" if that isn't beautiful enough.  It's simply an amazing place.  It seems so untouched.  
Speaking of the long drive out to the cemetery .. on the highway... before we ever started onto the dirt road. I was so touched by the respect of others on the highway.  People actually pulled off the highway as they saw the funeral persession  coming.  
Thank you good , kind, thoughtful people of the world. We need more of this.

 While we were in South Dakota, in between everything else, we did some driving.... 

out by our Aunts and Uncles old farm lands and homes. Although its sad to see the buildings either gone or in disrepair the memories are still there.
I remember my Aunt Pauline teaching me how to milk a cow in that barn. ( or at least try)


 And gathering eggs in this chicken coop was my very favorite thing to do.

Like I said the paint my have weathered away and the glass my be broken..but the memories ... I still have them!

I got to see my cousin Barb, who was back for the funeral ( dont mind our puffy eyes, this was after the funeral).  Barb stayed with us when our boys were just little and we lived in Fremont, while she attended Nursing school at Midland college there.  

I was a Bridesmaid in her wedding at this little church, here in SD.  ( many years ago)


We also got to spend some time at my Aunt Viv's ( our momma sisters) house while we were up there.  and take her out for dinner. Does she make 91 look amazing or what?? 

As you can see, it was kind of an "old home" weekend for us. All of us.  My brothers and there wives came up for the funeral also so we were there together. I wish I had a photo, but it just wasn't an appropriate time for photos. 
I'm thankful for family, for memories and for a good weather weekend for us to travel, ( because if you know anything about NE and SD, January is not usually prime travel time) We lucked out.  As our sweet cousin Myrna .... shes flying with the angels.


American Cancer Society  - Donate and Save Lives

Thanks for letting me share friends!
I hope your week is wonderful!

Vicki

6 comments:

ddlady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ddlady said...


Vicki, I'm so sorry for your loss.
We know your cousin is now among the angels! And you got to spend time with so many family members.

If I didn't live so far away (CA),
I would love to attend that class!

Rhonda Merry said...

So sorry for your loss.

Debby said...

Sweet sad and wonderful memories. It's nice that you could all get together. I'm sure your cousin had to be smiling down on you.
I love all the pictures. I love seeing old memories.
Hugs for you.

harrahx2 said...

Oh Vicki, my deepest condolences on your loss. This is a season of loss. Love your new glasses and you look wonderful, even with swollen eyes. Hugs my friend.

Maggie said...

Thank you for sharing the American Cancer Society link! I hope you will donate to Relay For Life this summer!