Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Love" Gold Glitter Canvas using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Adhesive Sheets

Hey friends!  We are about to jump into February.. and you know what that means.. all that lovey dovey, hearts and arrows, cupid and OXOX's stuff. lol   Wait, did I say "arrows".  Well, it's okay then, because I love arrows! :)    And I love Pink and Red but I love that other colors work for Val Day also.
Arrows and Aqua.... I'll take that any day!
I thought I'd show you how to make this fun canvas using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3Ls Double sided Adhesive Sheets.



I started with a 9x9 canvas and painted it with regular acrylic craft paint. I didn't put a really think coat on simply because I like the look of it with a bit of the canvas showing thru. ( let it dry completely) 
Then all I did was find a couple different arrow images online that I liked and sized them in Photoshop to the size I wanted for my canvas.   I cut my adhesive sheet to  8x11 (standard size sheet of  paper), so I could run it thru my printer.  Your adhesive sheet will have a yellow side and a white side.  Print on the white side.  What color your arrow is doesn't matter, just so you can see it to cut it out.


Once your arrows are printed off, cut them out and peel off one side.  Press it firmly onto the canvas where you  want it placed.  Make sure your adhesive is totally adhered to your canvas as you are pulling off the top layer from the arrow. 


It's pretty obvious what happens next.  Just cover the entire area of the arrow (adhesive) with glitter, then tap off the excess.
I used the same technique for the heart.  For the letters I covered Chipboard letters.
Bam! Easy Canvas, that doesn't have to be just for Valentines.


************************************************************

I know lots of the US is getting snow right now, but believe it or not, it was really quite nice here today.  Nice enough that I took the dogs out to the cabin. Poor Molly is getting up there in years and her health is not the best. We are trying to make her golden years the best for her.  She loves Wes so much , she can not wait to see him. When I say "Cabin"?  She automatically thinks she's getting to see Wes.  I met him out there, and as you can see, she stuck pretty close to him.  It will be a hard day for all of us when her time comes but especially for him.  She is "his" dog, that's for sure.


I felt nice out for January for sure ..but boy did that water still look COLD!


No complaining here tho.. thankful for the sunshine!!!

I hope your week is off to a good start.  
ENJOY!!!!

Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

The sun shining makes winter bearable! Love the pic....a boy and his dog. You perfectly captured the cold of the water...........brrrr......ready for warmth!