Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A new card "Asters" using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage paper and images

I am VERY ready for Spring, and if I cant actually have it then I will at least use the prettiest Springy papers I can to pull me through!  Thankfully Crafty Secrets has lots of them to choose from.  I love this  Digital Rose Swirl and matching Embossed Pink paper.  The image is from this Spring Printable Sheet

You can check out all the products here at the Crafty Vintage Girl
and you can follow along with the things and see the most recent releases and samples here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog


I also wanted to tell you that all this week over on the Little Blue House Blog we are sharing organizational tip.   I don't know about you, but I love seeing how others organize their crafting space.  Below is one of my tips, but you can see them all on the LBH blog  HERE



What's been going on around my house?  Not a whole lot, but you know me, I share the everyday stuff anyway, because in my eyes it's just as important as the big stuff :)

I snapped the photo below last night when I was on my way home from visiting my friend whos in the care facility a couple of little towns away.  Sometimes when I leave there I almost feel guilty for having the opportunity to see an experience so many things in life, when she is stuck there, so scared and confused.  I try to tell myself instead of feeling guilty, enjoy things twice as much.... for me and for her also. Don't waste a minute.  
Pray for a cure for Alzheimers




I was really missing these two because I hadn't seen them in a while, so I called their momma and asked if they could come over for a while.  She laughed and said she was sure she could find something do for the day:)
It was a no school day, so we had to entire day for fun.  Quite cold outside , but that didn't stop us, we just had an indoor picnic.

And.... of course... we built tents.   Oh when I was a kid I loved to build tents with the neighbor kids outside. (seems like we played outside way more than "in", back then).  Anyway, we would build tents on the front porch railing or over the clothes line using clothespins.  SO fun!

Wes was also here for a visit this week, which is the highlight of the dogs lives.  Sometimes I wonder if he comes to see us or just the dogs? lol   He runs them outside, plays with them, lays on the floor with them ...
 All you have to do is say his name and they are on alert.
I took the photo below when he was leaving to go to work. Pathetic little faces aren't they?


Time for this girl to go get something done today.  Break time is officially over. Boo
Thanks for stopping by.    hugs!   

                                                               Vic

5 comments:

Debby said...

Looks like a fun time. Our kids don't know what is like to go to school.
I am looking for away to make small paper roses. Probaly a half inch. I am using them as lettuce in aini garden. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Debby said...

That was supposed to say as in a mini garden.

harrahx2 said...

Love the picnic, can I come? Cute Card too!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I build a blanket fort for our grand girls every time they visit. They think it is the coolest thing ever! We haven't done an indoor picnic yet, but I 'm watching them on Monday, so maybe we'll give that a try! The card is sooooo pretty! Love the buttons and touch of twine. Perfect!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Beautiful card Vic, I am also in love with the rose paper and the Aster image you used, 2 of my faves.

I also love your cool idea for storing the stickles upside down on the old metal tray and of course - for storing your Crafty Secrets CD's!

I miss you and wish I could come over and visit and go to your junk stores!
Sandy