Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Altered frame tutorial for Little Blue House using Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Collection

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a altered frame tutorial I did for The Little Blue House using the Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Collection.   I picked up this frame last week when my sis and I were out junking for $2.  No glass, just the frame. Which was great, just what I wanted.   As you'll be able to see by looking at this collection ( I have a photo post of it a ways down).  It also has lots of  pink in it also.  I used all the colors and a lot of the pink in my other projects this month, but for this project I stuck to the colors that worked perfectly in my living room.  I have so much great photos from Jarad and Kate's  ( our youngest son and daughter-in-laws) wedding, I'm excited to show them off.


It's quite simple , but I'll show you how I did it. 
Here is what the Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Collection looks like.  You can find all these goodies in the Little Blue House online store.  HERE


These are the colors in my living room.    I'll be saving the pinks for my other projects :)
Since my frame was Gold, the first thing I did was paint it with a acrylic metallic silver paint.


While that was drying I measured the size of the photo I would need  and printed it off. Then traced and cut my photo to fit into the inside lip of the frame.

To make the back look neat and also give the photo support and cut and added a piece of chipboard.

I did cut the two graduated sizes of flowers out of the patterned papers and then used the string of clear beads to create a center for the smallest flower by adding a think layer of glue and then wrapping it like a jellyroll.

I gave the flower dimension by putting dimensional foam tape between the layers.


I added the ribbon to hang it with to the back with a glue gun, but before I do that, I always use just adhesive first, to see if my placement is correct.  That way you still have the option to move it about before committing permanently with the glue gun.  I also used the glue gun to adhere the finished flower and the chipboard backing.

It comes together quickly, and it's a fun simple way to show off a photo. 

I hope you have a chance to pop over to the LBH blog and see all the beautiful inspiration from the girls this month.


                                         Just for fun.... here is Jarad and Kate in high school :)   

                                                                                                  
                                                                                                              Vicki

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

beautiful recycle...

Kristyn said...

I love this :)

Jean said...

Beautiful frame!

harrahx2 said...

Oh my gosh, looking back at the early picture and then the wedding picture, how fun. You need to do the early picture the same way. Love the idea of the pears too! Beautiful work.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a sweet project...and I love the b&W photo. I have to keep my eyes out for ugly frames, now...cuz I need more stuff in the Closet of Shame! LOL