Sunday, February 08, 2015

Cards... who needs a challenge?

hmmmm... so it seems although challenges scare me .. they DO inspire me. lol   After finishing my "Finished in a Flash" 30 minute layout challenge that The Little Blue House hosted, I had a desk full of left over coordinating papers and embellishments.   Since there were already laid out ( and the mess was already there .. haha), I thought to myself.. I should make some cards.  I've thought many times when I've already had all this stuff out after creating a project or layout, instead of tossing all these scraps in a bin and possibly never using them again... or having to dig through it all again to do that, I should just do it now.   Who doesn't love having cards on hand? Just being able to go pick a handmade card from your stash when you need it... it awesome.   So....  I'm challenging myself to do this more often.  Maybe not always three, maybe two, or just one, but doing it none the less.
You can see the layout I created first, in my previous, and these are the cards I created with the scraps.  No pressure, I just worked on them while I watched TV.  They are simple, but were fun to make, and I feel good every time I have a few more handmade cards to choose from when I need one.


You know what a challenge means.  I'm going to challenge you :)   If you create a card or cards with some left over scraps from a layout you just completed....  show me!! :)   You can leave a link to your blog in the comments. I'd love to see!!


As simple as a handmade card is..... when you know it's going to make someones day who receives it... it's a good thing!  An Email from friend is great... but a snail mail card.... Whoooo hooo! Gotta love it!


Last week I was a lucky mom, Jarad come out and picked me up and took me to lunch.  He and Kate are so busy with school, work, cabin projects and all they have going on in their lives, we don't see as much of them as we'd like.  I was missing my boy big time.  It was a great day!  It was Jarad's day off , Kate was teaching so we didn't get to see her, but I'm going to be helping out at her speech meet next weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing her then :)
Horrid photo of me..but with my boys if they humor me enough to let me take their picture at all, I have to just be thankful and so with it. lol

I  dont know how Jarad and Kate get all they do done.  They are always busy.  Work is paying for Jarad to finish his degree so he is working and going to school. He made the Deans list again... I'm so proud of him.
They have put so many hours and so much hard work into their cabin and it really shows. This was the first time I had see the inside almost completed.

They did all the work themselves. dry walling, ceiling, wiring, pluming, carpet...
There are out here so much, I asked Jarad if they every go home. lol  He said , not much.


This is a little progression of the cabin work, from when they bought it until last Summer.  To tell you the truth when they bought it ... I thought... "Oh my" what have they gotten themselves into.  But they have blown me away with all they have accomplished.

I don't have a current photo of the outside since they built on the big deck.. but you can see a bit if it in the photo below.    I have to smile when I see them using moms patio set.  She would love that they enjoy it and get so much use out of it!!

As a mom there is just nothing that makes you more happy than knowing your kids are happy!
I love that they have so much in common and love working on these things together.
Okay, I'll stop with my proud momma moment.... it's just that I dont get a chance to brag on them often:)
 
I hope your week gets off to a great start after a weekend recharge.    I'm off to try to muster up the energy to give Daisy a bath. She has a vet appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck! 



                                                                  Hugs! Vic

7 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

test

Debby said...

I love their little cabin. It is a good feeling when your kids are happy.
I really need to get my paper crafts mojo on.
Hugs

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this idea! I have been trying to use up scraps...and doing it in the moment will make it easier. These are fabby! I love the little heart hanging from twine!

Scrap for Joy said...

Love your cards! For a while, whenever I made a card for someone, I would make one or two others using the same papers. That built up my cards on hand which was great to not have to scramble to whip something up in a hurry. I've gotten away from that habit...need to start it up again. I really like the papers together that you used.
The cabin looks great..I'd want to spend every spare minute there, too. Our children's happiness makes us happy.
xoxo
Joyce

Susie Wittwer said...

Oh my, I haven't visited your blog in so long Vicki! Wonderful cards!
Thanks for sharing the "kids" progress on the cabin. So much fun to see it and to read your "proud Mom" moments.
Love your blog!

harrahx2 said...

Hah, found you.......LOL, love the cards and love your son. He almost looks Amish in that picture. So glad life is good for you right now. We have had no snow to speak of, I am afraid we will get hit in March! Hugs.

Rea' said...

Those cards are awesome ! Yes I love creating with leftover scraps( have not done it recently). I used to do layouts, make cards from scraps, make ATC and then punch shapes from the scraps.. great way to "Clean up " !