Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Fancy Pants Designs Love Mail, Mail box and card trio, using the Be loved collection

Well, here it is February already.  I decided to break out my Fancy Pants "BE Loved" Collection  and create a little Valentines Project.   Although this isn't one of Fancy Pants newest collections , it's one that I really love, so I couldn't wait to dig it out again.    Speaking of "digging"  and did a little of that into my bins of things to create with to make this mail box.   I have two big bins on the shelf in the closet where I just store things I pick up on sale at the craft stores,  thrift stores,or  garage sales. A bunch of random craziness. lol  
I bet I have had this paper mache mail box in there for 3 years. Every year I keep thinking I'm going to do something with it.. I don't.  This is the year! yay!   I dug around some more and found a wood candle stick and some other wood pieces to create the base. It was really fun to put together, but am I the only one that has a hard time waiting for paint to dry when I want to get on with my project? 


While waiting for the paint to dry.......
I decided to make some cards.   Of course a mailbox needs mail right?

The bow on the card below is   my   BOW VC 106 AccuCut   die

I love making cards with Fancy Pants Collections because you have so many bits and pieces of matching ephemera, buttons, ect  that just make it so easy.


I've actually been really been enjoying some time in my studio creating more lately. It's been cold and snowy.  So a good time to stay in.  We certainly haven't had as much as some parts of the country but we have had a couple of snows this week.  This first photo was from the other morning when I woke up and looked into my studio after the first snow.  Looking out into the field, it was really quiet pretty.  That is actually one reason I love this room so much, is that it looks out over the field. No houses, just space.  I love it.

This was yesterday, before the second snow started last night.  But yesterday was so pretty.  BLUE skies, no wind and actually not very cold. The snow was melting quickly.   This photo was at the end of the day, looking out the dinning room window to the side yard.


Like I said, I'm enjoying time in my studio. I took a little bit of a creative break there for a while and I think it was just what I needed.  I'm enjoying my new gig with "The Little Blue House".   And I've decided to stay on with Fancy Pants Designs ( since they'll have me *wink*),  They are just such a great company, and just keep coming out with amazing products.   And of course as always... love creating with Crafty Secrets!


So.... I don't want to forget to mention a couple of things...

First, I wanted to mention that the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Linky Party would LOVE to have you play along.  It's easy!  You can read about it here on their blog. Also Sandy is offering these FREE Valentine Printables!


The other thing I wanted to tell you is that I have some new cards up on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog using the new "Flutter" Collection, and I would love for you to pop over and take a peek if you have time. Thanks friends :)


 I hope are all have a great week... and that each day is a happy one.

 credit : Two Zero One




Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

Love the box Vicki and the paint job is fantastic! I should be able to paint like that..........alas, I can't!