Friday, February 06, 2015

The Little Blue House "Finished in a Flash" Friday

Happy Friday everyone!
I'm always saying I love a challenge.. .but when the girls from The Little Blue House asked me if I wanted to play along in their "Finished in a Flash" Friday challenge, I have to admit... I was WAY nervous ( Insert photo of me biting my nail) lol       First of all.... creating anything FAST isn't me at all,  and then to top it off, make this challenge a "layout".  Yikes! Double Trouble. The only other thing was to use a die cut of some sort and or a Stamp. No problem there. I can do that part.     I accepted the challenge, as not to have to hang my head in shame. (snicker)

30 minutes... ready...set...go!

Trying to go easy on myself ( I thought) I chose a paper with a somewhat set decorative background to get me started.  That should have made things easier right? lol   I chose this photo of my mom and dad.  Again, saving myself, because if I dislike the layout in the end... I'll always love the photo, so it will be a keeper, ugly layout or not :)


The stamps I used are from Magnetic Poetry.  I used some Mists on the background, as well as a few sequins. A epoxy piece from Epiphany Crafts and some different washi tapes.

The dies I used are ( the frame piece) from my AccuCut Portrait Die  and both the border dies on this AccuCut die Borders #4

I have to say, as nervous as I was, it was really fun to challenge myself.  Pop over to The Little Blue House Blog to see what the rest of the girls created for their 30 minute layouts.    Give it a whirl, you might surprise yourself!

AND.... while I was feeling all proud of myself about actually completing a layout in 30 minutes, I challenged myself in another way.  I've been really trying to use up some of scraps. And I've noticed that right after I've created a layout or a project is a great time to make a card or two , because I already have coordinating papers and embellishments laid out right here on my desk.  So.... after creating this layout, I used the things I already had out,  to create three simple cards.      I'll share those with you in my next post.

Sometimes a little creative challenge can be a good thing.

Remember to check out the other layouts the girls created here at 
The Little Blue House Blog  "Finished in a Flash"



Vicki


6 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

I think it's beautiful.

Angi Barrs said...

Super beautiful! I love the paper that you chose!

Miss Tracy said...

Absolutely Lovely....Beautiful Layout Vicki!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a sweet layout...and I love the yellow/grey combo. Can't believe you created this beauty so quickly! And a great idea to make cards with the scraps. Clever girl!

harrahx2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
harrahx2 said...

What a great way to honor your folks. Absolutely beautiful!