Monday, April 20, 2015

A Birthday Card for a 90th Birthday Celebration

I'd say 90 is pretty special anyway, but when it's my Uncle Al , it's extra special.  What a great guy! We spent the weekend  in South Dakota celebrating my Uncle Al's 90th Birthday.  It was so great to be able to be there to celebrate with him and be with the family. Super weekend.  I'll share some photos from the weekend down below.    This card was made with the Fancy Pants Designs Trend Setter Collection
Such a fun line, and it works well for masculine cards also.


Uncle Al is my moms Brother. .  A hard working farmer all his life!  And still raising a huge garden at 90!
My mom ( on the far right) .   Her  only brother ... Uncle Al ( in the middle) and my Aunt Viv , who  turned 90 a couple of years ago, ( on the far left)   At one of my Grandparents Anniversary celebrations.


It was such a nice day to catch up with the cousins.

His birthday celebration was at the Senior Center in Bonesteel SD.  A lunch for family and then open to the public in the afternoon for cake and icecream.
 
play time with the kids also.   I think I found my "mini me" lol

This little town sure holds a lot of memories for our family.  The Dance Hall ( the big white building on the left) is where our  parents met.  Our  grandparents farmed here  and then later retired to town.    Five out of Seven of us kids where born in SD.  Our dad took a job with the railroad later so the family moved to NE, where my next oldest brother and I were born.
But this place hold a big piece of all our hearts.



Starting of this Monday with a happy heart, after a great weekend.

Remember ... age is just a number :)


I hope your weekend was a good one!

Vicki





PS.  Be sure to stop back because I'll be posting again later today with a giveaway celebrating 9 years of blogging. 

1 comment:

ddlady said...

Boy, Uncle Al looks wonderful for 90. I think he looks much younger than that. Vicki, never stop keeping us appraised of what's going going on with you and your family (especially the pictures)!
I so enjoy your blog and it picks me up!
Thank you,
Linda Cichowski