Friday, April 17, 2015

Clearly Creative Blog Hop with The Little Blue House

              Well, it's time for another fun blog hop with The Little Blue House!



This month we will be sharing projects we created using  Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" papers and embellishments and sharing with you how we incorporated  Bella Blvd "Clear Cuts" into our project.  You can find these supplies  and lots more in the Little Blue House Online Store

 At the bottom of this post I'll share links to the other Team Members Blogs, where they will be sharing there projects and inspiration.   The Little Blue House will be offering a Clearly Creative Grand Prize. To be entered for a chance to win all you have to do is visit each blog and leave a comment. 

I'll be sharing how to re-purpose a thrift store frame to make a new piece of decor.


I picked up this gold frame at the goodwill for 99 cents.  It was gold, but I wanted it to be  prominently white, but with a little gold showing through. I painted the entire frame with white acrylic paint (two coats, letting it dry in between  each coat).   Once it was completely dry, and took a small piece of sand paper and lightly sanded the high spots on the frame, revealing the gold underneath.
Once that was done I cut my piece of Clear plastic ( with white strips) to fit just inside the lip of the back of the frame that originally held the glass.  I added just a bit of hot glue all the way around the lip of the back of the frame before setting the plastic piece in.


Now, time to make the center piece.   I cut a banner piece just long enough to fit inside my frame.
You can see below how I layered and added the other pieces  and stitched around the edge of the square yellow piece.   I stitched with gold thread, which really coordinated well with the gold that was showing thru on the frame.

Add your ribbon and tie it in a bow in the front.
All that is left to do at this point is to add the Tim Holtz Clipboard Clip to hold  the mail piece in place and and your chipboard saying to the bottom of the frame.  The Butterfly and the saying are both from the coordinating Chipboard pieces for the Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" Collection.  You can see them HERE


If you chose to put this in a stand, it's fun because you will see light thru where the clear plastic is. If you hang it on the wall, you will see the color of the wall behind.

 The girls have all kinds of great projects and fun inspiration on their blogs, so I hope you will pop over and check them out.


-Lindsey 
 Miss Tracy
 Nadine 
 Angie
 Susan 
 Kristyn

You are certain to leave inspired!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Vicki


12 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Super fabulous! I must make one of these for my mom! I love how the clear cuts were used!

Rhonda Merry said...

This turned out beautiful. (I love frame shopping at GW too.)

Susan said...

How clever is this! I love it.

becky anderson said...

What a cute way to use an old frame! Love it!

Laura J said...

Very cute idea! Love the gold showing through on the frame! And I like that light can show through the art

Linda Hahn said...

So clever, Vicki!! My daughter's birthday is next week and I'll have to make one for her. I know she'll love it!

HelenM said...

very nice!!

Tammy Malone said...

Wow.. wow... wow! This is just my style. Just beautiful!!

Karen E. said...

Great job of repurposing. And just too cute.

Michelle Rickard said...

Very pretty and creative. LOVE it!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

You gave that old frame a major facelift! I love the striped clear acrylic...very classy. It's a beautiful project, Vic!

Risqi Risqi said...

successful greeting from my friend, I hope you can provide a more useful updatetan again