Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Heidi Swapp File Folder album tutorial for The Little Blue House

Hi friends! Hope all is well in your world.  I've been really enjoying the goodies from The Little Blue House this month. ( well truthfully.. I do every month :)   They have such a great selection of things in their online store.   This Heidi Swapp Favorite Things Memory File was one of the things I received.  I adore Heidi, both as a designer and as a wonderful person, so I'm always excited to work with her product.
I decided to do something a little different with my file folder and make a little photo album out of it.  You can see in the photos below how I cut it and machine stitched it together.



Here is how it looks originally.

I cut it in half and then cut both those pieces in half again.   Leaving me with 4 pieces.
I added a couple extra pages using my Bo Bunny paper, just by cutting it to the same size.  Then I just stitched it all together with my sewing machine along the left size.  You will just not want to add to many pages or it will be too much for your machine to handle if you plan to stitch your binding.  IF you wanted to add many pages you could just punch holes and add metal rings.


These Kraft Polaroids from Jillibean are so fun for photos.


This is the fun part, just adding photos and dressing up the pages.


You'll probably be seeing plenty of photos of this couple over the next couple of months.  It's my nephew Ryan and his fiance Erin.  They will be Mr & Mrs soon. We are looking forward to the wedding in Colorado.

I have to give photo credit to my brother in law Keith for these amazing photos. Ryan is his son.  He took these photos when he and my sis Jan were out visiting the kids in November.

Super cute  little bow from Bella Blvd.


It was a fun way to put together a little photo album that wasn't chipboard for a change. I really enjoyed it.  It would be super easy to add little pockets for keepsakes ect also.

Hope you might feel inspired to to create one for yourself.

Thanks so much for coming by!
Hope your day is super!

Vicki

4 comments:

Maremi's Small Art said...

This is beautiful

Lee Brehon said...

This photo card looks so fresh and bright. Love the whole cut out portion.

Jean said...

BEautiful!

harrahx2 said...

that is adorable Vic. I never thought to use file folders like that. What a terrific idea~