Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Mini Selfie book using Simple Stories "I AM" collection for The Little Blue House

I cant tell you how much I've enjoyed working with this "I AM" Collection from Simple Stories.  You can see all the fun papers and other cool things in the collection here in The Little Blue House online store.
I love taking photos with friends and family on my phone, so I thought creating this little Selfie book would be a great way to put a fun little collection of them together. 
The little matchbook album comes like this, I just had a lot of photos so I added some extra pages, and then embellished the pages as I went.

I wanted to show you, because I wasn't sure if you could see it well in the first photo, but I added Diamond Glaze to the flower on the frond for added dimension. The little journaling strips were part of the paper, I added the heart.


It's fun that the pages have little tabs at the top.
Above is my nephew Nathaniel and below my niece Neely. Love them so much!  I need to get photos with all my nieces and nephews.  I look at photos of them and  cant believe time has passed so quickly. Seems like I should still be going to their grade school functions.  I love watching them grow into these amazing adults!

If you use your phone a lot of photos I use this free app called Pic Stitch to put photos into grouping like this. There are a number of different options.
These photos are with my Florida nieces and their adorable children.

 My sissy Jan.  She is my sissy and my best friend. She gets me. She puts up with my crazies. Always there for me!!! Couldn't survive without her! She has a heart of Gold. Rarely a day goes by that I don't call her about something. ( she might be tempted but she hasn't changed her number yet) lol


My nieces Amy. Taken when we were working on Neelys weeding shower together.  Good times!

Some of the best friends any one could ever ask for.  Top photo of Scott and Sandy Redburn.  My Canadian best friends who are like family to me.  I miss them and always wish they lived closer. I love this photo.  It was from such a happy time when were vacationed in Mexico and were at a Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers Concert.. 
The photo below that was taken at Jarad and Kates wedding. On the dance floor with my long time dear dear friends Liz and Julie. What a GREAT memory!!


Debra Jo.... bestie who can finiish my sentences .  She knows me well.  Always there thru good and bad.
lucky to have her.
And in the midst of all these photos I was looking thru I found this one. I couldn't love it more.  It's me with my Uncle Al.  He will be celebrating his 90th birthday this month.   We were visiting them out on their farm in SD a couple of years ago, and I snapped this one of him and I.  So glad I did.  It's a treasure :)



Thanks for letting me share my little selfie book with you.

_____________________________________________________




A little bit about my week so far.   For those of you who haven't been a reader long...  I am a die hard fan of the band Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.    They play in Nebraska a couple times a year, if I'm lucky.  Sunday night was one of those times.    Happy Camper right there :)
It was a great time!  We enjoy it ... we don't passively sit in the back.  As you can tell from the photo.  Front and Center is the way to go! 



Yesterday I had a visit from this little character. 
Definite points for style. Just hang'n on the deck, eat'n chocolate pud'n, drinking milk from a swanky swig and chill'n with his shades on. ( not seeming to notice they're upside down) lol    Oh Emmett you always make my day when you come visit.


As well as your handsome and personality plus .. brother Wyatt.  Love these two! 

I'm going to plan to host a little celebration and giveaway this month.  I realized that this month is will be 9 years that I have been blogging.  Wow, I was even blown away by that.   Were does the time go?


I'm having the girls over for a little crafting tomorrow.   Cant wait to share some photos with you of what we create. I know it will be a fun time.


Take care and enjoy your day.  Sounds like NE could be in for some storms this afternoon and tonight so we will be on our toes.

Vicki

2 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that book is wonderful fun Love it muchly. You should make one for Roger and share it with him at the next concert.....he would love it! Hugs.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I. Love. Your. Blog. Your art makes me happy, too! Hugs and Happy Easter!