Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ryan and Erin Layout using Bo Bunny "Sweet LIfe" Collection for The LIttle Blue House

 I am really enjoying my new gig with The Little Blue House, I have to tell you. They do such a great job of carrying the most awesome paper collections and products.  This month I had the pleasure of working with papers from the Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" Collection.   When you are a part of a Media Team like this, how it works is, that each month you are sent a different products and you are asked to create certain things with those products (generally). Which hopefully helps show how they can be used in different ways.  I've enjoyed the privilege of being on many different Design Teams over the past 15 years, and have had great experiences with all of them. Learned from them all and made friendship that I cherish. Most of them have been manufactures teams, which means you work with only that specific  companies product.  Years ago when I first got into the craft industry and hadn't been on any other DT's , I designed for a Kit Club.   The idea there was a lot like it is with what I am doing now with LBH only I use different things that LBH selling in their online store.  You might be using  predominantly one paper line, but you will use it with products from other companies also.  You don't know what might come that month.  If it's your style, something you would choose to work with, or not??    I realized way back then that I LOVE THAT!  It challenges me!!   It makes me think out of the box, and helps me come up with new ideas.   
When I decided I was going to step back from traveling and teaching.. and so many design team obligations, I knew this was something I wanted to go back to and do again.  Have the time, and really enjoy it.
 And I am!


I have a tutorial up on how to create this layout on THE LITTLE BLUE HOUSE BLOG and I'd love for you to pop over and check it out :)

The adorable couple in the layout are my nephew Ryan and my soon to by niece in law Erin.

Below is a peek at the Bo Bunny "Sweet Life" Collection, but you can see it all  HERE


I used these adorable layered  Chipboards on a number of my pieces this month and really loved them.  The little butterflies on the pieces on the bottom left are what I took off and used coming off the photo onto the page, on the layout.


And this little Maya Road Chipboard camera made me seriously giddy!   You can see below how I used it.



There is a complete tutorial on the LBH blog HERE



I'll be back soon with more to share.  And I'm planning a give away to celebrate 9 years of blogging :)

Thanks for coming by!!

Vicki

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love this layout, Vic...it almost has a 1970's retro feel...and it's very fun! Mostly, I am glad to hear that you are having fun in the craft room again. That makes my heart smile! Hugs!