Friday, April 03, 2015

"Spring" Banner and a girls craft day

Well, yesterday was a fun day.  The girls and I went to lunch and then they came here fur a afternoon of crafting. We've made a number of banners before, but we didn't have a Spring one yet, that was today's project. We've decided now that when we take the banners we've made down from one season we feel like the space looks bare, so we have been making them for each new season.

EDITED*** ALL KITS ARE NOW SOLD
KITS FOR SALE
A few people have asked in the past if I ever have have kits I would sell. I made up a few extra of this. I have THREE KITS of this SPRING BANNER If anyone is interested you can email me at vickichrisman@hotmail.com    The banners are $15 with $2.50 shipping.   They are ready to mail now.
(note: the yellow paper pattern by vary slightly from kit to kit)



Super easy to put together.  Banner pieces are already cut.  You cut out the letter and mat them on the white that's included.   You get foam squares in the kit to add them to the banner piece.  You also get mini foam squares to add your little die cut flowers to the clothes pins. Bakers twine, paper doilies, .....sticky pearls for flower centers,all in the kit.

We had a great time chatting away as we did our cutting. Since it all goes together pretty easy, it's one of those projects you can just work on while you visit.  Or in our case laugh ourselves to tears. Seriously, I don't know when I laughed so much!



Left to right, Julie, me, Karen, Jan.


We finally had Dan come in an take the photo above after us trying numerous times ourselves to get one of the four of us together.  As you can see below.. that did not work well. lol

We had hot fudge brownies for dessert after a hard afternoon of crafting and laughing.

I don't know how I could be so blessed to have such amazing friends... but I certainly am.  Nothing like having friends you just click with.. that you feel comfortable with and you can laugh with about the craziest things with .


 ********************************************************


I'll be sharing a project in my next post with this vellum flower on it, but in the mean time I'll love for you to pop over to the Little Blue House Blog for Trend Report "Vellum".  I have a tutorial up there on how to create this flower out of  "Sprinkles Vellum" from Doodlebug
You can also see all the other tutorials by other DT members there on the blog.



It will be a enjoyable weekend again, with Sunday being Easter.  Excited to see the kids and be with family.  Whatever you have planned I hope it's a fantastic weekend for you! 
Happy Easter!!!





Vicki

2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Vic...that banner would look soooooo good on my mantle! LOL I think I'll try to whip one of these up today if I have time. I love the papers you used. So fresh and fun...and that vellum flower is WOW!
Love your blog! So happy to see you creating the art that makes us both happy! Happy Easter my dear friend! Hugs!

TandySue said...

So cute! How fun!! If you happen to be making some to sell this year please let me know - I would gladly order!

Thank you for sharing! <3