Thursday, April 23, 2015

"Thank You" card using the Bo Bunny Sweet Life Collection for The Little Blue house

Hello!
Sharing a card today that was done using Bo Bunny  "Sweet Life" Collection.   Aren't the colors so vibrant and beautiful?  It's a gorgeous collection.   And how can you go wrong with butterflies and  flowers :)  I also used a little strip of the Bella Blvd  "Clearly Cuts"  White Stripe in the background on the card.
I'm warming up to the popular trend of using GOLD again.  I wasn't sure I ever would.  I've been through the gold years.. then gold became less popular and silver ruled.  I've been living in the silver/pewter/stainless world for a while now, and was quite comfortable. Then I start seeing gold again. NOOOO!   It's okay now... I'm coming around, and actually liking it.  Not ready to let it consume my home decor ...but liking  on paper :)



I broke out my gold thread and have been machine stitching with that and embossed my "Thank You" stamp and the edges of my matted piece with Gold embossing powder.



Happy Earth Day! ( a day late)   I had this little doll here yesterday.   No grandchildren for me yet, but I do love spoiling the little ones that are close by :)  And they let me be Grandma Vicki all I want. Lucky me!  Sweet baby Lyla.


I was in Fremont today, getting groceries and things.  I drove past moms house. I don't know why I still call it moms house.  I guess It will always be home in my heart, but boy have things changed.  After mom passed away and we sold the house ( which I cant  believe has been three years now), the owner turned it into a  rental.   My parents moved there when I was in first grade and  always kept that house and that yard in immaculate shape.  My mom was  almost 90 and still was out messing in her flowers, pulling weeds, trimming  ect.  Everything was kept so nice. She had beautiful roses,  iris's and peonies.  Our parents took such pride in keeping things nice.  It's so sad to see it go down hill now.
I try not to go by often, but today, for some reason I did.  I miss her so much.  It seems like I should just be able to pull in the drive and go up to the door and she will be there.  Unbelievable to me that three years have passed without her. Things come up and I  still think " I need to call mom and tell her that".  A photo of her instantly puts a lump in my throat and makes my eyes teary.    I came home and was looking through my photo files for photos of the house and ran across this one of her and I.   I wish I could remember what we were talking about :)     But I have memories of lots of great chats with her.

Missing momma

Spring is defiantly here, and the ride home was beautiful.  I love turning off the hwy onto the gravel heading home and seeing that big tree starting to fill in.  It wont be long and they'll be turning the soil and  getting ready to plant crops.   Goodbye Winter!!!



This weekend I"m hosting a Bridal shower for my sister Jans , daughter in law to be.  It should be a lot of fun. I'll be back to share photos in my next post.

Thanks so much for coming by and for letting me share me , my art and my life.   
Remember , I'm hosting a give a way.  All you have to do is click HERE and leave a comment.


Hugs!  

Vic

4 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Adorable picture of that baby! Miss your mom and that is a great picture also. Love the card and hope all is going well there. They say we could get below freezing tonight? Crazy weather.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the colors in that card...and I like the GOLD, too! LOL The stitching is fabby! Cutest baby pic ever..you are so clever! And, I hear ya on the mom thing. My mom has been gone for over 9 years, and I still miss her. I guess there's no one in the world who love you like your mom. Sending you a hug!

Jean said...

Love the baby pic! Beautiful card!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Such a darling baby & fun pic. I feel for you and your parent's home. I wish there was a way to make homeowners take better care of the homes they rent out. Breaks my heart to hear about your family home. I don't think we ever get over missing our parents. Big Hugs!