Saturday, May 16, 2015

"Grandkids Make Life Sweet" Canvas for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi Friends!
I'm staying inside today.... rainy AGAIN! I know we need the rain..but I'm needing a little sunshine after all these  cloudy days.  They are saying there is a good chance for us to have storms tonight and tomorrow. Stay safe mid-westerners.  Poor Molly is SO scared of thunder and lightening.  It will probably be a sleepless night in the Chrisman house :(

I wanted to take a minute to thank Sheila Rumney for helping me with a little revamp of my blog.  I have been wanting to widen and make a few changes for a while now, but it's not something I don't feel confident enough to try to tackle on my own.  She is a wiz at it!  You can check out her work here on her blog
Shelia Rumney Design and Photography


Today I'm sharing a canvas I have up on the Fancy Pants Blog.   It would be a great gift for a grandma.  Since I'm not a  grammy yet, I used photos of my favorite little people for photographing my project :)    These are the little peeps in my life. Lyla, Emmett and Wyatt.
You can see the entire project with close up photos and supplies here in the Fancy Pants Designs Blog


I have to share my medicine cabinet/art supply cabinet save.    When  Jarad was working on remodeling  their cabin, this old medicine cabinet was in the bathroom.  I told him not to toss it , I wanted it. I'm sure  he thought I was nuts.... but here's what I did with it.  ( Some might still think I'm nuts.. but I like it :) lol

I just used stencils and white  acrylic paint on the mirror.


and.... I'm filling it (easily)   I was actually thinking.. I could probably use the entire thing just for glitter. lol

Speaking of  Jarad and Kate... we had postponed grilling Mothers Day afternoon at their cabin because of the rain and had rescheduled for Wednesday.  They made a wonderful dinner and we had such a nice time.
This photo was taken in the woods between their lot and the river.

They have done so much work on their cabin and their lot. It looks so nice.   That little white speck you see out there in the trees on the path is Dan looking for mushrooms.

This is the gorgeous Kolamce they gave me for Mother Day!  I have it in my studio window and it looks so pretty there.


I have plants sitting out on the deck that I need to get planted but I cant seem to get enough of a break from the rain to get them in the ground.  But then again, if it's going to storm, maybe it's best I wait until Monday anyway.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Quiet around here today. Tomorrow a baby shower.

As always, you know I appreciate you coming by... Thank you!

Vicki



4 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the blog facelift! Medicine cabinet is super cool! You are so awesome!

Debby said...

The new look is really nice. Fits you perfectly. Of course the canvas is calling myname. What a great idea. So was the medicine cabinet. I was wondering if you looked for mushrooms when I saw the woods. My MIL lived to hunt them. She is in a nursing home and is in another world. I just wondered the other day if someone took some into her and fed them to her, would she respond. They are selling them online here for $50 a pound. I would love just one, hah. Did he find any.

harrahx2 said...

Like the new look Vic! Love the mirror idea and the whole set up is gorgeous! Stay safe in the bad weather. I hope it settles down. Did Dan find some mushrooms? Have a great week ahead.

Sheila Rumney said...

Vicki, you are the sweetest! So glad you are enjoying your new blog facelift. I love, Love, LOVE your medicine cabinet! We used to have one of those growing up in our old house. Wish we would have kept that little treasure. Wishing you a wonderful day!