Friday, May 01, 2015

Sympathy cards created using Crafty Secrets "Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD"

It's never a happy time when you are thinking of making someone a sympathy card, but when is there a better time to make a personal handmade card to show someone how much you care and that you're thinking of them?    As I mentioned in my post the other day.  My friend Julie's dad, Dave passed away. These cards are for Julie, her sis and her mom.

I created all these cards using Crafty Secrets  Creating with Vintage Illustrations   There are so many beautiful papers and images on this CD to choose from.

The floral image I used on the card below prints off just as you see it .... I just added the "Thinking of you with Sympathy" wording to it.  I mounted it on that beautiful blue paper that is also on the CD.

For the card below I used just a part of one of the printable papers, then added the bird and circle frame elements from the CD.  They are png files, which means all you have to do is click and drag them right over to the paper and place them where you want them. Super easy. Again, I added the sentiment.


I added Stickles and gold stitching on all the cards.



I did the same with the elements on the CD for this card.  The "With Sympathy" I printed and cut out to add to the top of the blue ribbon piece I added.    You always have the option to print and cut things out to add them to your card if you prefer, rather than add them digitally.


These flowers are gorgeous.. and when you add a little Stickles... WOW! so pretty


Be sure to pop over and check out all the stuff still on sale at the Crafty Vintage Girl online store
Sandy is working on clearing out all the Clear Stamps, Printed items and misc stock (60% off ) as she is working on going strictly digital.
And of course there are still all the amazing new digital stamps and papers, as well as the CD's.

For ideas and inspiration check out the Heartwarming Vintage Blog

___________________________________________________________


Just ask me how happy I am to be able to look out my window into my yard and see GREEN instead of brown!  YAY!!! Spring!!   Dan mowed today, and just the sound of the mower running made me happy!
Boy, it seemed like a long winter!

We weren't the only ones enjoying being able to be outside on such a nice day.   Daisy should sleep well tonight. She did a lot of running!   Molly, well, she did a lot of laying in the grass and sniffing  the air. Enjoying things "Molly style". lol


It's Dan's weekend to work , but I have things to keep me busy. Another bridal shower :)   Love it in the air!
In the mean time, the dogs and I are spending an exciting Friday evening at home watching TV. I decided to to a little drawing and painting. I used to love to draw years ago, but haven't  just taken time for it for so long.  Starting simple ..but enjoying it.   It will be a little canvas.



I hope you have a great weekend, and find a little time for the things you enjoy doing.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Vicki

1 comment:

harrahx2 said...

How lovely Vicki. A true artist with great vision