Thursday, May 07, 2015

Vellum Flower Tutorial and Spring card and gift bag for The Little Blue House

Well , well, look what I found in my blog drafts.  I post I had put together to share with you right after Easter, and here it is May 7th and I just now notice it. lol   Good grief.  Because I had done the write up for this for The Little Blue House blog, I had it in my mind that is was done.   Anyway.... here we are :)
If you haven't seen or tried the New Bo Bunny "Sprinkles Vellum" ... it's SO pretty.   I used the "Lily White" to create this flower, but it comes in a number of different colors that are gorgeous.  You can see them all here in The Little Blue House Online Store.




You can also find the Bo Bunny "Easter Parade" Collection there.  Which is what I used to make the card.


I also incorporated the vellum into the card, as well as  some of the "Hello Sunshine" stickers for this line.

 

  I created the dimensional vellum flower by die cutting four flowers.  


Two large and two medium of the same flower shape. All from the vellum.




Using my white Sharpie I edged the petals of each of the four flowers.



Once I knew they were completely dry I used a pencil to roll up the edges of the flowers to give them lift.



At that point all there is left to do is put them together to build the flower, using a brad to hold them together in the center.

 A pretty "Springy" flower to dress up my little gift bag.


I have another blog post scheduled for tomorrow ... so look out, I'm on a roll now. lol
I'm just glad I noticed this post in my "drafts"
Please tell me I'm not the only one that forgets things.  I'm the sticky note queen.. and still it happens. grr

All in all, it was a good day! The rain and clouds went away. I took things to the Goodwill ( after going threw my closet yesterday), took in the recycling, ran to the bank, the store, picked up some plants, and got flowers to the cemetery.     I get  much more done when the sun is shining! Cloudy days drag me down.

Hoping for more of the same tomorrow, but hearing there is rain in the forcast for us for the weekend again.

Hope all is well in your world.


3 comments:

Rhonda Merry said...

hehe, better late then never. Very pretty flower. the vellum is a fun meterial to work with.

harrahx2 said...

don't you love it when you wake up full of energy and just know it is going to be a day to get things done? check em off your list? Oh yeah, my sister from another mother....same here~ they don't come along often but I do cherish them. Love the velum flower. And yes, if it isn't on a note, it doesn't exist and doesn't happen.....sigh!

Cheryl S. said...

Happy Spring, Vicki! I am so glad you found that you hadn't posted this as I love the vellum and the flower you made.