Thursday, June 04, 2015

Cards!! Birthday fun.. times three!

I seriously have never loved making cards so much.  I really  have always enjoyed it ,but more so now than ever. The darling ephemera pieces Fancy Pants keeps coming up with in their collections just make card making so fun and easy. All these darling bits and  pieces of images, borders, words, corners, button, tags.. ect.. ect.. that all coordinate make putting a card together super fun.  I lay them out on my desk and it all just comes together so fast.
I'm pretty sure that the colors in this "Summer Sun" Collection and the sweetest ever!  LOVE them!



I used to not be able to make a card without inking, now I cant make one without stitching. lol


And my other obsession when creating a card is Scrapbook Adhesive Foam Squares or Foam Tape    For me adding just that one  piece that has some lift and dimension to it, really makes a difference.  

I love the newest FP collections but I also love so many of the previous lines, that's why you see me still using them :)   You can see them all here Fancy Pants Designs Products


Since I'm talking about Fancy Pants, I have to share this bit of fun.  Jodi Stanford ( owner and founder of FP) has a darling layout on the cover of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine this Month!   That darling little guy in the photo is the  youngest of the FP family, Jodi and Jareds son. (This layout she created with the Making Waves Collection)











So, what other crafty things have been going on around here this week?   Well, my sis and I have worked on these awesome 11" tall die cut letters from AccuCut.  We cut them from heavy chipboard, and used Mod Podge to adhere the glitters.  My sis had picked up the perfect glitters to mix. They looked gorgeous.  A mix of gold and silver. Some small, some larger circles, some bead like.     These will be used for table numbers at the upcoming Colorado wedding of my sisters son and daughter in law to be in a  couple of weeks. 
Oh.. yes, I'll be sharing photos of them on the tables! I can not wait for this beautiful wedding!!

AccuCut Vintage Numbers 11"


I worked on another little terrarium this week.  I made use of this 99 cent glass piece I found at the Goodwill. I debated about whether I should pick it up.. now I'm glad I did :)      I was inspired to make this little banner after seeing one  like it in a terrarium on Pinterest. That one even had a little Tee Pee. ( ahhh.. I know... cute, right), but I already had this little dog and dog house , and it needed a home.



Just everyday things ... non crafty that made me happy lately..... Well...
This lamp!   My sis is the queen of finding great deals!!  Seriously, she is SO good at it. lol    She found me this lamp ( new)  for $11       I had the perfect shad for it.  I love it and it matches great in my living room.  Thanks sis!!



We have the grandpups this week, since Jarad and Kate are on a little getaway for their anniversary, to their favorite place.  Just them the first part of the week and then on the weekend, some  friends are coming up with meet up with them.   I snagged these photos from Kate's  Facebook :)   Looks like they are having a good time!



With four dogs in the house I feel like I'm running a kennel. lol   You know me .. I love dogs, so no complaints here. We are having a great time. 

I hope you are having a good week.  Continue on my friends :)  Enjoy!

Thanks so much for taking time to come by.

 Vicki


2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, those cards make me smile! They look like scoops of sherbet! And the photography is fabby! Enjoy your weekend with the pups! xo

Debbie K. said...

The cards are so cute Ms. Vicki. I think I'm going to borrow your Sis to shop with....lol. I love finding bargains too! So nice of you to dog sit for Kate and Jared. Hope they have fun and I KNOW you will with FOUR pups;) They will probably all be spoiled while staying with you and not want to go back home. Have a great week!